I've Got an e9 for sale

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m biased because I have a sienna, but it is a great color in direct sunlight and in the evening. I have had coupes in chamonix, fjord, Polaris, and baikal; sienna is the only color that always gets comments.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ohmess said:
So, Peter helps another Cheesehead get into an e9! Way cool.
That is great news. I know there are a few of us with e9s over here. Safety in numbers. I can't wait to see the car some day! If there is anything I can ever help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I came across this pic a while back and think the car and color look absolutely stunning. Not sure who’s it is but it’s incredible.

Attachments

• BMW brown.jpg
    BMW brown.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 295

scottd

Reaction score
Nice find, and although I find Sepia the absolute worst for a Porsche, I think this brown looks fantastic on a coupe. Congrats and thanks to Peter, resident Coupe Saint.

Scott

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK guys, I just inspected the sienna coupe and it probably is the deal of the year (2017), it has a power steering leak and the Zenith carbs are rotten- but it comes with 2 brand new Webers from IE purchased over 10 years ago. It runs and drives VERY WELL!!

I will let Sam fill in the details but I'm really happy for him- if only it were this easy to get into a decent coupe nowadays

Once more, thanks to everyone for the help both Sam and I got on this one!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Or 50k cheaper than Australia, but our currency is basically worth gum nuts :)
Looks like the Deal of the Decade to my untutored eyes. Great Score Peter and our "Member in Training." But no longer. Steve

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
WONDERFUL PERSON THAT IS THE BEST CONCIDERATION OF ANOTHER PERSON I SEEN IN YEARS
GOOD MAN
AND YOU MADE SOMEONE VEWRY HAPPY
WONDERFUL CAR.!!!!

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are a few quick pics outdoors with it's glorious brown paint out for all the world to see. Very excited! In time I'll get into more detail in a build thread. This whole scenario as been a demonstration of a bunch of great car people doing something awesome for another enthusiast. The PO knew very well what he had and that he could have gotten more money but more importantly wanted it to find a good home. I of course was lucky to be in right place at the right time. Big thanks to Peter and you all for the kind words.
IMG_6938.JPG
IMG_6937.JPG
IMG_6936.JPG

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A great end to this thread! Looking forward to a new beginning in another! :D

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sam,

Glad you found your coupe! Don’t change a thing, take your time and get it running smoothly and reliably first. Over time you can prioritize what you want to do next.

Chris

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sam,

Glad you found your coupe! Don’t change a thing, take your time and get it running smoothly and reliably first. Over time you can prioritize what you want to do next.

Chris

That's the plan and maybe one of the most appealing parts about this car... some guiltless pleasure!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Excellent Chris and I'm pretty sure that's Sam's plan. He may need some help from you guys setting up the Brand New Webers that came with the car, that and a power steering pump and you should see the car out and about.

Thank all you guys for the help too, this place is like a second family! and plenty of dysfunctionalism to go around :)

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Exceptional. Very good of you Peter, I mean really. Very ethical, but I think that is what separates this group. Helpful and supportive. That is a very nice car and will soon be a driver so new owner can get a real sense of what to do first. And we are all here to help! Many here have intimate details and experiences in setting up Webers, just ask! Mike

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Both Peter and the previous owner are the salt of the Earth and I'm blessed to have them so close to me. If I had a bit more $$, time, and space, I coulda/woulda/shoulda grabbed it. I'm thrilled we'll get to see it's rebuild here on the forum. Best of luck, Sam, I know you will love it.

Ed