Jay Stratton - JCS/master6, 17 of my current websites, Repair Service for PSP's & Hydro steering

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Jay,

Just an FYI. On iPhone the links load to the Google Photos App now. It works fine, just a little different to navigate and the text location has changed from the circled “i” to the common elipses “...” For me it is also much easier through the app than trying to navigate through web browser.

Thanks,
Jay W

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Jay did a very nice job on my power steering pump.

Chris - should we update the FAQ so folks know how to contact Jay? (I don't know how to do this).

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jay completely rebuilt my steering box, excellent work!
I just found a slight leak in my steering box. Small drops on the garage floor and finding the reservoir slightly down were the telltale signs. I guess I need to send the box to Jay Stratton unless there is a quality shop on the east coast. Any thoughts? And how do you get the box out of the engine bay?

JCS

Reaction score
I just found a slight leak in my steering box. Small drops on the garage floor and finding the reservoir slightly down were the telltale signs. I guess I need to send the box to Jay Stratton unless there is a quality shop on the east coast. Any thoughts? And how do you get the box out of the engine bay?
Hi Drew,

I have not removed one,

This is the link to the e9 steering, on my website # 16

Here is the First page of the website, Please read this Page
To learn how to view the photo captions,

Jay

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can’t imagine this will be easy, especially with the triple Webers.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew, I suggest you make sure the hoses are tight and intact at the box before assuming it is the box. I took mine out from below and well, Chris is correct.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The steering box is what's leaking. I guess the plan will be to get it out of the car along with the pump and have Jay rebuild both of them. The leak seems to be at the front of the box where there is a threaded stud held tight with a jam nut. But now I should check the hose connections before any other procedure.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I took one of these partly apart, I would think repairing a Swiss watch may be easier. Funky bearing reservoir, tons of needle bearings to lose..............oyyyyyyy. Jay, more power to you!

JCS

Reaction score
I took one of these partly apart, I would think repairing a Swiss watch may be easier. Funky bearing reservoir, tons of needle bearings to lose..............oyyyyyyy. Jay, more power to you!
Hi Bob,
I bought a used PS Hydro e9 on Ebay, and learned, and lots of Googleing. Thanks for the comment!
Jay