KW Variant 3 Suspension set-up

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm with John ... my guess is that Mario might also be familiar with the aspects of the Ground Control coilover system as well. i would be curious to know that as well.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
KW say that the kit will not fit with my wheel set up at the front so they offered to make a custom set for my car! Fantastic service. A little more expensive and made by their competition team but using road going valving and spring rates.

As for cost, around £2,500 + 20% VAT to HM Government.
@Rek so what wheels are you using that wouldn't work? is that cost for the variant 3 or for the version that you bought?

Rek

Reaction score
I haven't bought them yet but it was a quote for the bespoke set. The wheels I am using are Alpina E34 winter wheels which are 17" by 8" ET19. Half an inch narrower for snow chains. I needed that half inch and the more suitable ET for them to fit.

Rek

Reaction score
KW want to use their own top mount along with the camber adjustment plates but these are metal to metal with no rubber bushing to take the shock. Having had these before and experienced the harshness they brought I might have to try something else.

julianCS

Reaction score
KW say that the kit will not fit with my wheel set up at the front so they offered to make a custom set for my car! Fantastic service. A little more expensive and made by their competition team but using road going valving and spring rates.

As for cost, around £2,500 + 20% VAT to HM Government.
To revive this old thread, @Rek in what way will it not fit? Want to fit rc090/035 to v3s With 17x8j et20, so mostly same spec as your Alpinas. My v3 will be custom made (also called competition 2a) and it’s already ordered, but with ”normal” v3 e9 specs on the front coilovers (beside the internal valves). But I still can make changes due long waiting time…