La Jolla Independent: Quite good

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was a bit bothered by the "not good" suffix on the last post as it has been there for a while so if you don't mind I wanted to change the view.

Regarding their service, I think it is obvious that Carl and his guys really know their stuff, some people have different expectations and no matter how long you spend explaining things to them they just won't fully understand. There is not one repair shop, restoration facility, doctor, lawyer, charity or otherwise that has not had a complaint even though their work is far superior and more reasonably priced. So, could Carl, Ben, etc work for free and make everyone happy and never err? I don't think that would work either, after all, if they can't eat they can't perform- so... I for one have met two complete strangers in the last 6 weeks who have taken their cars to LJI and are very pleased with the service- Any critical parts that I have ordered have always come in in perfect condition and have been absolutely correct for the application, and since I have been working on more than 1 of these I just make sure they know exactly which car I'm referring to when I order parts. Plus, Carl and Ben let me walk around and make a nuisance of myself for a couple of hours last time I was out there and there are not allot of folks that would allow that :)

Thanks guys

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
+1 They always have what I need in knowledge and parts and quick service even with a recent part at $5.00 each!