LED replacements for Festoon bulbs

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
found this old post,

do you remember from the top of your head which size are they ?
are they 37mm ?

thank you @Stevehose
Looking at my previous purchase, I have the 6486X LED which replaces the halogen festoon lamp, listed as 36mm length. I used LED for the engine and trunk lights, kept halogen for interior.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
thank you
what about license plate?
here LED is illegal for normal roads, …only allowed off-road
If you get warm white LED bulbs, ones that are a closer match in color to incandescent bulbs, I doubt anyone would ever know the difference. Especially since the license plate bulbs are basically hidden from view unless you walk right up to the rear of the car and look straight down on the bumper.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you get warm white LED bulbs, ones that are a closer match in color to incandescent bulbs, I doubt anyone would ever know the difference. Especially since the license plate bulbs are basically hidden from view unless you walk right up to the rear of the car and look straight down on the bumper.

4000kelvin ones will be right ?
found only two colors 4000 and 6000k

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
1) I was only speculating, so maybe don't listen to me too much. ;)
2) I found this chart that shows color temperatures (Kelvins) compared to different light sources.
3) 4000k wouldn't look blue, but would probably look whiter than a halogen bulb.
4) I found these bulbs that are 3000k on Amazon, but I don't know if they're available en España.
Thanks
it is a good point indeed, good chart,
as to colour it should be trial error to find the appropriate
I ordered the 4000k and will check how they look, then decide on the 3000k (they are available, yes)