Legends East attendance

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@TodB we are in the thick of it already or so it seems it’s blowing with 40+ mph gusts & torrential rain since last night.

IMG_8305.jpeg

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A dozen coupes in a monsoon! Are we intrepid or what?

Despite being the first guy who had to open his hood to check something, my cooling system held up fine on the way home.

And, when I got home, Tom and I installed one of Tom's spare alternators in Stan's car, which should get him home.

Doug - how's the ignition switch?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1600 miles and burned less than 1/2 quart of oil. A few new rock chips on the windshield and roof to remember the trip by. Once the feeling returns to my butt and right foot, the old girl will be getting the spa treatment after transporting me safely up and back. Great seeing everyone!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had great time despite the Saturday deluge. The BMW CCA pulled it all together at the very last minute. The Hilton Head Concours was a confused mess no one knew what to do or where the cars were. Cindy put more miles on Veronika being directed to various parking lots. The judging of our class was dubious at best.

IMG_8311.jpeg
IMG_8333.jpeg
IMG_8334.jpeg
IMG_8335.jpeg
IMG_8337.jpeg
IMG_8345.jpeg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This weekend I’ll try reinstalling the back half and see if I can get the cylinder indexed to work without having to replace it but for now the red handle key driver is working.
I have one if you need to replace yours.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great posts and photos.
Just getting back to this after an extra week.

It was WET. Won't let me post a video of the rain?
Man I watched it rain and blow (up to 50 mph) all day Saturday. Had to leave the coupe outside but parked carefully with no big trees around.
As a judge I did not get time to take the usual roll or two of photos. Ha Ha!
I judged modern M cars and the Preservation group.
There was a 2001 E39 M5 that was showroom condition. Judged it first and pretty much knew it was going to take something really amazing to beat it. Nothing did.
In the Preservation class there was an 85 535i, and 86 635 CSI and an 87 E30 M3. Just a different way to judge a car. Original with repairs that kept it running. The 86 635 was a second owner car. The owner bought from his boss a few years ago. Nice very original car.
It was coupe de-ville in the Sunday morning rain. 12 Coupes almost beating The Vintage in NC in September at 13.
IMG_2013.jpgIMG_2014.jpgIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2017.jpgIMG_2019.jpgIMG_2025.jpgIMG_2027.jpg2002.jpg1-IMG_7630.JPG
No one listed the winners.
Steve Armstrong won the coupe class. @Stevehose
Drew Greg was second. @Drew Gregg
Stan Chamallas was third. @Stan

My much modified and hand built by me coupe, was in the Tuner Class. Seemed like the best place for it. Chris Ohmess should have been in that class too.
First place in that class.

Monday morning I drove to Wrightsville Beach NC to see my grandkids. Drove back to Atlanta via Aiken and Chris Ohmess house to pu a subframe for Scott Perkins. @rsporsche.
Chris has a great garage with lots of room.
I got in about 1000 miles with out a problem.

My friend Tom Doherty drove the back roads with me from Atlanta on Friday. His 72 Inka 2002 Tii won the 2002 class. George Whiteley (a coupe owner) drove his 91 850 CSI V12 down and got second in the Super Clean. Craig Nixon was first in the Preservation class with the 86 635 CSI.
All in all the Georgia boys won 4 awards at LOTA. All members of the group BMW Classics of Georgia I started 5 years ago to support classic car owners in Georgia.

Here's a few photos that I took and some George Whiteley sent last week.

Enjoyed the unusual colors of Turkis and Tiaga. Both outstanding.

Good to see Chris and Paul and many others, and a few I have never met.

Gary

Last edited:

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great posts and photos.

Man I watched it rain and blow (up to 50 mph) all day Saturday. Had to leave the coupe outside but parked carefully with no big trees around.
There was a 2001 E39 M5 that was showroom condition. Judged it first and pretty much knew it was going to take something really amazing to beat it. Nothing did.
In the Preservation class there was an 85 535i, and 86 635 CSI and an 87 E30 M3. Just a different way to judge a car. Original with repairs that kept it running. The 86 635 was a second owner car. The owner bought from his boss a few years ago. Nice very original car.
It was coupe de-ville in the Sunday morning rain. 12 Coupes almost beating The Vintage in NC in September at 13.
View attachment 130601View attachment 130602View attachment 130603View attachment 130604View attachment 130605View attachment 130606View attachment 130607View attachment 130608View attachment 130609
Stan Chamallas was second. @Stan
Third?

My much modified and hand built by me coupe, was in the Tuner Class. Seemed like the best place for it. Chris Ohmess should have been in that class too.

Monday morning I drove to Wrightsville Beach NC to see my grandkids. Drove back to Atlanta via Aiken and Chris Ohmess house to pu a subframe for Scott Perkins. @rsporsche.

My friend Tom Doherty drove the back roads with me from Atlanta on Friday. His 72 Inka 2002 Tii won the 2002 class. George Whiteley (a coupe owner) drove his 91 850 CSI V12 down and got second in the Super Clean. Craig Nixon was first in the Preservation class with the 86 635 CSI.
All in all the Georgia boys won 4 awards at LOTA. All members of the group BMW Classics of Georgia I started 5 years ago to support classic car owners in Georgia.

Gary
I'm pretty sure this Coupe finished 2nd......

Attachments

• IMG_4061.jpg
    IMG_4061.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 94

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this Coupe finished 2nd......
Whoa, I was standing up there when the awards were handed out. Did you not come up to the podium? That's about the only way I would have missed it. I was watching carefully because I knew some of my Georgia friends might get an award and didn't want to miss. Sorry, I missed my Florida friend.
Sorry about that, you certainly deserved your second.
I'll call you tomorrow.
Gary

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary--You must have been distracted for a minute. I went up there to get the award and someone took a photo.----Drew

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great posts and photos.

View attachment 130601View attachment 130602View attachment 130603View attachment 130604View attachment 130605View attachment 130606View attachment 130607View attachment 130608View attachment 130609
Drew Greg was second. @Drew Gregg
Stan Chamallas was third. @Stan

Gary
Finally, after what, five years?, I got to see your car. I love the color combination, and the upgrade choices as well.

I think we need a Carbureted Car Class. Points could be given for overall visual impact, cleanliness, best air handling setup, best fuel delivery setup, linkage setup and operation, smoothness off idle, synchronization at idle and at 3000 rpm, best induction noise, best afr at cruise, best afr at WOT.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally, after what, five years?, I got to see your car. I love the color combination, and the upgrade choices as well.

I think we need a Carbureted Car Class. Points could be given for overall visual impact, cleanliness, best air handling setup, best fuel delivery setup, linkage setup and operation, smoothness off idle, synchronization at idle and at 3000 rpm, best induction noise, best afr at cruise, best afr at WOT.
Who would judge?