list for NEW CARPET orginal colour and texture correct

Brian D

Reaction score
Sorry been away for a long time and in a bad place due to business issues and the car is a major stress also. I will make a decision within a day or so, hard to spend the money now but hate to miss out.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
My name didn't come up so I assume I'm counted, but whether I am interested in one or two or three sets depends on when we would have them here. Also, I would be willing to be the "ship to" address in Southern California, so that Klaus could ship 10 or so kits to the same address and save on the high shipping charges from Germany. Then the SoCal people could pick them up from my workshop. Some are my customers anyway...

Thanks, Tom
ClassicAutosLA

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My name didn't come up so I assume I'm counted, but whether I am interested in one or two or three sets depends on when we would have them here. Also, I would be willing to be the "ship to" address in Southern California, so that Klaus could ship 10 or so kits to the same address and save on the high shipping charges from Germany. Then the SoCal people could pick them up from my workshop. Some are my customers anyway...

Thanks, Tom
ClassicAutosLA

hi tom,

wrong assumption, you are NOT counted, your name is not in the list

i have been reading all the posts carefully and you have never made a solid compromise, is always an IF,...

too early to fix a shipping address, but that could be done for sure

so lets give you the opportunity to confirm now, if you wish, production is likely to be made in march

so, on your side, how many cars and what exactly: complete, including trunk, only interior,...?

regards

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
That WAS quite a misunderstanding. I don't know who made the list and you didn't mention me on the list of the people who hadn't responded, nor did I get any answers to many of my questions about what we were going to commit to. You can see that I posted many times on the thread with constructive feedback, but I can't remember you asking me to re-confirm or answering me about my "ifs"... That might explain why you only have 22 confirmations when it seemed like there were many more parties who had expressed their interest. I am happy to pick up the conversation where it ended a few months ago. I was interested in the carpet kits in blue without the trunk mats, but I'm not sure what complete or interior refers to. How likely is the production to be in March and when would the carpets likely be shipped out? Since you read all the posts carefully, I had also asked about the color of the binding and did you ever get a color sample of the carpet and heel pad? Is there also a toe pad on the center tunnel piece? Do you think I am being unreasonable by participating in such a collaborative way and by asking all these questions if I were interested in several sets? I hope these questions do not disqualify me again ;-)

Regards, Tom

Last edited:

John S

Reaction score
Unable to purchase at this time

I am unable to commit to purchasing the carpet set at this time. Please remove me from the list. Sorry,
John

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
well, that is all for now, 23 cars

we are putting together the last news from klaus, sample is about to arrive,

we plan to communicate this through a new thread, please stay tuned

i will produce the last confirmed list soon

regards

REMARK, it wont be remaining material for other cars and it wont be a second run, so if you are seriously considering to have an original blue navy carpet this is your last chance

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Newbie mistake

I NEED carpet for my 74 csi. I have been occupied with my shock tower and rockers.

I did not know how to check for or even see a notification for this private message you sent. I appreciate the notice..i wish I got it.

Is there any way to buy a kit still?

Paul

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
When unstuck...im interested.

Please let me know. I am interested. I just ripped out all my interior carpet 30 days ago....

Paul

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
carpet

Yes I am interested
1972 3.0CS with blue interior
Complete interior carpet and trunk carpet

Rum1973

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did it this summer

Please take me off the list, I used a kit from World Upholstery this past month, not exactly the blue we were after but it is new and looks good. Had a car show upcoming and wanted to make it nice, sorry. Thanks Rum1973

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Please take me off the list, I used a kit from World Upholstery this past month, not exactly the blue we were after but it is new and looks good. Had a car show upcoming and wanted to make it nice, sorry. Thanks Rum1973

no problem
i will take advantage of this post to update
klaus confirmed me that the carpet will be made, yet dont know when, but it will be a run of the navy carpet

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
breaking news !

breaking news ! the carpet will be made ! :D

still dont know when :roll:

please find attached the last mail from Klaus,

Dear Jesus

Good news: the fiber for the carpet still exists at the manufacturer and he
told me some weeks ago that he definitifely will use it for our carpet.
Bad news: This company is (as many companies producing items for the
restoration market) far behind its production schedule and we are actually
waiting for standard items partly since may, but due to additional machinery
it seems to become slightly better. We will keep you informed.

Best regards

Klaus Hermann Mayer

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait to put one of my waiting Coupes together. At least the price is falling for those using US Dollars to convert to Euros.

Tom
ClassicAutosLA

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
alternative carpet

after waiting in vain i may be heading this direction

you can see the grey sample from Klaus, and the new sample that i am considering

when compared to the colours of the interior this new color fits pretty well, feels brighter

on the contrary the 426 from Klaus in reality is a bit Green, the loop matchs much better, but the tone,...no way

when seen in the shadow: the 427 is too dark, and essentially black

opinions ?

Last edited: