Looking for a Bat

giannicsl

Reaction score
csl gray mobile .de 100,00 euros

Hi guys,

I know the chassis number of the gray csl from 100,000 euros on mobile. de.

anyone has news of this car?
thanks

Gerrit

Reaction score
interesting

You understand correctly, I'd say. Interesting indeed.

I checked with my wife and she swears she has nothing to do with this...whoever that was, I hope for you that you did not leave a down payment or some reservation fee...

Cheers,

Gerrit

Gerrit

Reaction score
Hi Gerrit,

Just to avaid misunderstandings, I think the blue CSL referred to in this thread was the one at the Bodensee classics (near to Freiburg) 2010. Guess which dealer might have been involved...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7466485

Cheers

Thanks for the info. It is pure coincidence that the two Fjord Bats were exposed in the same year at different places. Thanks for the hard to miss guess hint, this car looks different now as it did before with the hand wing package.
Cheers,
Gerrit
Pix of mine in April
http://www.7-forum.com/news/2010/technoclassica/bmw/bmw_3.0cls_9296-b.jpg

Last edited:

loach

Reaction score
Good that we have this resolved - it would have been very poor form had the car I was offered not actually been for sale at all. This thread has started to develop some real character, though.

Any chance any of you perusing here with Bats would like to post pics at all? Even if your car isn't for sale, Gerrit, would it be very cheeky to ask for a pic? I made a (supposedly private) somewhat unfavourable comment about Fjordblau on a Bat, but the car in question was photographed indoors, so it looked more blue than silver and the shots in question didn't flatter the colour IMO.

Gerrit

Reaction score
No offense taken! After all, Fjord metallic is still a long ways from pastel blue and the Motorsport decor gives it a certain potent look that is anything but girly like.
Cheers,
Gerrit

giannicsl

Reaction score
teile number?

hi guys, anyone help me to find that the chassis number has csl gray 100000 euro's?
and fjord csl bat ?
I would be grateful. best regards

loach

Reaction score
Just FY general I, I called Coys today to see what happened at the Nurburgring auction (August 14) with my very favourite speculator's CSL - 4355044. It seems that the car was sold on the day. The estimate was 105-120,000 EURO, and the car went (according to the guy I spoke to at any rate) for 100,000 EURO not including buyer's premium, therefore at around 115,000 EURO all-in.

After discussion with impeccable sources, I decided not to bid due to a couple of areas that gave me cause for concern. Still - for a so-so car, not a bad price, and luckily the twonk that bought it to turn a profit didn't make too much on it (if anything) so will hopefully be inclined to leave CSLs alone now.

In further news, BMW expect the CSL they're sending to Dubai to fetch 160-170,000 EURO, and the auctioneer's estimates have been recently revised accordingly upwards from the original $130-150,000 to $200,000.

I went to look at the Dutch car and am none the wiser. It sits in that awkward limbo where it's nice enough to use but not nice enough to covet and needs almost as much spent on it as something you'd find in a barn.

Ho-hum. It'd be sooo much easier if I just wanted an old Porsche.

Incidentally, does anyone know whatever became of the Turkis CSL (non-Bat) that passed through the hands of Fantasy Junction a couple of years ago? The car is still listed on their website in the previously sold section.

CSL 1973

Reaction score
3.0 CSL at auction in Dubai

As I said before, I would not be surprised if this "Factory" CSL (4355046) will break the 200 000 euro limit at the end of the auction. It's a very nice and carefully renovated CSL but with some strange details. For instance, the ventilation console is from an early E9 car (1972). Maybe the only one available in stock.

It is still a little bit unclear why BMW is selling out cars from their collection. One rumour says that BMW has bought the very last CSL built (4355057), which was on the market a year ago. If true, it would be logic to simply replace 4355046 with 4355057 - et voila - still have a CSL Bat in the museum collection but now the very last one. But, it's just a rumour...

In relation to the upcoming Dubai auction, Bonhams talks about that only a third of the 57 last Bats exists. This not true as at least 36 of the 57 cars are known by today.

As regards the Turkis CSL at FJ, I only know that it was sold in 2008. The car was renovated and with an 3.3 l engine and some 59 000 kms.

Cheers

2275xxx

Reaction score
In 2006 the Turkis CSL 2275256 was for sale in Switzerland (Sportgarage Graber).
I imagine it is still in Europe ?

klug

Reaction score
Just FY general I, I called Coys today to see what happened at the Nurburgring auction (August 14) with my very favourite speculator's CSL - 4355044. It seems that the car was sold on the day. The estimate was 105-120,000 EURO, and the car went (according to the guy I spoke to at any rate) for 100,000 EURO not including buyer's premium, therefore at around 115,000 EURO all-in.

After discussion with impeccable sources, I decided not to bid due to a couple of areas that gave me cause for concern. Still - for a so-so car, not a bad price, and luckily the twonk that bought it to turn a profit didn't make too much on it (if anything) so will hopefully be inclined to leave CSLs alone now.

fwiw, the coy's csl went to a family member, and will be shipped out here to washington state where it will be greatly enjoyed for years to come alongside a few other pretty nice bmws in the garage. you've never met, talked to, or bid against the new owner. there's no need to be a jerk, or presume you know more about a situation than you really do.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Edited due to my quick fire response in error - apologies!

Last edited:

loach

Reaction score
fwiw, the coy's csl went to a family member, and will be shipped out here to washington state where it will be greatly enjoyed for years to come alongside a few other pretty nice bmws in the garage. you've never met, talked to, or bid against the new owner. there's no need to be a jerk, or presume you know more about a situation than you really do.

Lord no - I wish the new owner the very, very best with the car and hope it is better than I was led to believe. My comment was directed at the seller, a guy I do know, who bought the car in question at auction relatively recently in order to turn a profit. Perhaps I wasn't clear when I posted 'the guy who bought it to turn a profit'.

Last edited:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lord no - I wish the new owner the very, very best with the car and hope it is better than I was led to believe. My comment was directed at the seller, a guy I do know, who bought the car in question at auction relatively recently in order to turn a profit. Perhaps I wasn't clear when I posted 'the guy who bought it to turn a profit'.

w.t.f??

You guys crack me up, chattering incessantly about rising values, and then sniveling about others paying attention to that way of thinking and wanting to get in on that action??

loach

Reaction score
If you met the guy in question you'd understand. It's an arbitrary position based on my own experience, though, so perhaps minus the snivelling, you're not entirely wrong. So - stop the presses and call the National Guard - some of us would like to have our cake and eat it, too.

I bought a non-bat CSL, it's being restored, and when the resto is complete and the guys concerned have demonstrated the ability to do a good job, I've (hopefully) found a Bat that will be restored after it.

Job done hopefully.

Well... job started anyway. Who in here is the biggest walking CSL encyclopaedia? I could do with some advice on a few items.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Well... job started anyway. Who in here is the biggest walking CSL encyclopaedia? I could do with some advice on a few items.

We celebrate the start!

I heard the biggest CSL encyclopaedia is one Yannick, but is usually a lurker so you may have to find ways to prod info.

giannicsl

Reaction score
grazie

hi,
In my humble opinion the men encyclopedia rigardo csl are in addition to a great friend and expert YANNICK are also ... 2275xxx (MARC)

CSL1973 (HENRIC)

I recognize a lot of these people a lot of skill and passion.

a humble owner of CSL as I can contact them and find education and considerable knowledge of csl ..

these gentlemen are to be thanked me for this great forum and deserve my gratitude.

are always very polite and very competent in repeat csl.

thanks and thanks