Looking for a good SoCal Auto Detailer to make my E3 Shine

Drdcuddy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm back from a long hiatus and am back to putting work into my '71 Bavaria. It's been sitting safe and covered for about 6 months so the paint is looking tired but running beautifully. Hoping to bring it out for Cars and Coffee this weekend!

Does anyone in SoCal recommend a detailer that can (reasonably) bring my baby back to full beauty? I'm in Laguna Beach but can take it for a drive if worth it.

Much appreciated!

-Drew

jmackro

Reaction score
Which O.C. Cars-n-Coffee are you planning to attend? I had my e9 at Aliso Town Center last Saturday, but there wasn't much other BMW content.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many of us here would recomend Dr. Detail in Costa Mesa. Darin's people do nice work and he is a former Coupe owner.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Which O.C. Cars-n-Coffee are you planning to attend? I had my e9 at Aliso Town Center last Saturday, but there wasn't much other BMW content.

Hey Jay, I spoke to OCCoupe today (Mike) and looks like he will be at Fairgrounds, I am going to try and make it myself, have not brought the Bav to a C&C yet. Not quite done yet but motor running great. Finally got the Zenith's properly tuned and couldn't be happier, smooth and screaming! Sounds very strong! So yeah, Fairgrounds

And as far as the detailer goes Drew, if Mike says Dr. Detail is good, he is good. I have heard that from several other senior members here and all say the same thing. I personally am going to have him do my under carriage soon and will report back.

jmackro

Reaction score
Hey Jay, I spoke to OCCoupe today (Mike) and looks like he will be at Fairgrounds, I am going to try and make it myself, have not brought the Bav to a C&C yet. Not quite done yet but motor running great. Finally got the Zenith's properly tuned and couldn't be happier, smooth and screaming! Sounds very strong! So yeah, Fairgrounds

I haven't done the Fairgrounds yet. As you know, Aliso Viejo is a shorter drive and my buddies go to Aliso Viejo (except for the e9 guys, who divide their time between three venues). So, tomorrow I'll be at Aliso Town Center again, though with an Alfa Romeo.

Drdcuddy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll reach out to Dr. Detail today. I've been off the radar since the holidays and escaped to Mexico for a few weeks!

Hopefully see some of you at C&C in the next few weeks, but it all depends on the snow up in Mammoth...

Pics coming from the detail soon.

Thanks!