looking for one of these

20180728_212635.jpg
Hi guys. Not sure where this all lands,however I have one original left out of t he c our I had. I have been giv I no them to whoever needed l one. El en sent one to Australia. So first one who PMs me first gets the last l one as long as they make a small donation to the forum.
Thanks

Reactions: Wes
View attachment 49942 Hi guys. Not sure where this all lands,however I have one original left out of t he c our I had. I have been giv I no them to whoever needed l one. El en sent one to Australia. So first one who PMs me first gets the last l one as long as they make a small donation to the forum.
Thanks
Thanks for posting this here. I had ordered these replacements before you'd found the originals. I hope you are still sending one my way. :) That's why I have these to offer others (after your originals are gone). Thanks again!

If your from Milwaukee and your name is Steve you should have it tomorrow. If you soak it in a 50/50th lotion of Hite distilled vintage and water it will clean up the rust
Thanks

Hi Guys.
Please let me know if the used bolts I sent out were the correct ones.
Thankx

Hello all:
As mentioned above, I ordered several of the SS Fillister head screws as @mulberryworks located. These are M6 x 55mm, and as you can see from the photos, pretty much an exact match for the originals save for the fact that they are SS instead of yellow zinc plated. They do fit a teeny, tiny bit loose in the threads. Not sure if it is because they are not plated, or if they don't have 45 years of gunk on them. But they fit well, and thread in nicely.

Yay, I'm glad they are a close match. They are out of sight, so the slight difference in color won't be much of an issue. As far as seeming slightly loose, I'm sure they will snug up just fine. You could also add a bit of blue thread locker to keep them in their place since even the stock ones have a tendency to wander it seems.

Ian

Hi Guys.
Please let me know if the used bolts I sent out were the correct ones.
Thankx
Hello Harry,
The bolt you sent me arrived. I have it soaking now, but I am sure it will work beautifully. I may go overboard and clean up all four and re-plate them. Thanks again for sending!!!
Stephen

Back