Looks like a nice one

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just saw this one, too. It does present reasonably well in the photos. Looks like it had quite a bit of "detailing" work done for the sale. Most of the exposed parts are polished up nicely. But the overspray, the rusty screws and fasteners. As Chris noted, a great looking driver!

Did anyone see it in person in Van Nuys yesterday?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does look nice, but seriously, those door panels? And why remove AC? Be one thing that the system doesn't work, but to spend energy to remove it? To save weight? Meh.

$42k and counting. Good money I thinks. Don't get me wrong, car does looks excellent, but that re-spray in the engine compartment and trunk area...

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I saw this car yesterday and spoke to the owner. He has cared for this car for close to 2 decades. It appeared nice and clean. He had is for sale and now trying our BAT. Looked like a great driver to me.

Gary

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've been watching the BaT auction and reading the comments. The owner/seller has been adding important (imo) additional photos and answering questions transparently. Seems like a stand-up guy, and the car is generating a lot of interest. GLWS!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Up to $52k. I have to say, the higher this auction goes, the more I like this car. Another strong acknowledgement for a largely original car. Dry car envy ;)

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
$52K for a driver; I hope this isn't just an anomoly. Some cars receive quite a bit of attention on BaT while others don't fare so well. I think it could reach $60K given that most BaT auctions really don't come alive until the last 15 minutes. Very nice to see e9s finally get their due (overwhelmingly positive comments) from a varied audience.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think with personal testimonies of people seeing in person, as well as a super clean underside, is driving up the price, regardless of color change (even though doesn't look like it's been applied perfectly).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its a nice car, several little nits ... but nothing too glaring. seems well represented and cared for, and drawing nice money ... especially considering a few minor rust bubbles, no a/c and still having a 4 speed. good photography helps - i like the low perspective from the sides.