Looks like a nice one

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
rsporsche said:
this opens up the discussion on the condition for the majority of our own coupes.
I agree - this would be a great discussion. It would be valuable to have a baseline throughout this group.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When you look at this coupe that is a condition 3 coupe by Chris' evaluation ... and it sold for 70k + commission ... that blows the hagerty valuation guide out the window.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If they follow BaT it’s another data point for them. We know private sales exceed their numbers every day of the week. I like their definitions, not their values obviously.

scottd

Reaction score
Well...when we see nice coupes on here NOT selling for $50-60k, but this BAT selling for $72, makes you wonder what is buyers really looking for.

I mean, for a few dollars more:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/bmw/3.0csl/2002084.html

IMHO I think the "buyers" here aren't as willing to pay for a decent car as they may state. Some of the WTB postings with apparent willingness to spend the appropriate money don't find cars, despite many cars fitting the requests become available.
Also a for-sale car here gets picked apart, and the possible buyers maybe get cautious, and the excitement of a decent (not perfect) car becomes less desirable.

Scott

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMHO I think the "buyers" here aren't as willing to pay for a decent car as they may state. Some of the WTB postings with apparent willingness to spend the appropriate money don't find cars, despite many cars fitting the requests become available.
Also a for-sale car here gets picked apart, and the possible buyers maybe get cautious, and the excitement of a decent (not perfect) car becomes less desirable.

Scott
Yep, what he said. Not sure what happened on the BAT car, someone bought with passion though.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
of three of the better cars that have sold recently, i think the one that HBChris had seen and the 'professor' were the better of the 2 cars available. i don't think the Atlanta car was in the same league ... i don't think it had a true sfdon motor, i think he just got it running correctly. it was restored by a guy that had never worked on a coupe before and some things weren't perfectly correct. it was a nice coupe, but not a great one. i didn't slam it when i saw it, but i did tell the seller that it wasn't worth what he wanted for it. a year later, he lowered the price and sold it. was it worth what the buyer paid for it - probably ... was it as good of a coupe as the BAT car or the professor ... nope ... and i say that without hesitation. but, if all of these coupes are worth what they sold for, then stevehose's coupe, HBChris, OCCoupe, Stan's coupe and many others, just took a 15 to 20k jump in value. excellent drivers just took a 10k jump ... and i am happy about that.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Is there a correlation between stock market going thru the roof and the coupe market doing the same? And is there any lag between them?

I do think it's time to adjust the insurance policy again - Gary

scottd

Reaction score
I always believed that the stock market and hard assets were inversely related, but I certainly don't know.

Scott

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think older folks (45+) who appreciate E9s has the funds to start spending on their dreams. Certainly a rising stock market helps as folks start pulling out of their IRAs.