Lost coupe in the Paradise fire

americium

Reaction score
hey all, sadly I’m reporting here that my 1974 Polaris Coupe burned beyond repair in the Paradise CA fire last month. I had recently acquired a 5 speed and a 3.5 motronic engine destined for installation, they also are destroyed. Fortunately I had the car insured so I will be replacing it eventually. I will either get another 3.0CS or an E-Type OTS.

We also lost the house, garage and everything we owned. It’s a strange feeling, getting used to this new reality.

So if anyone hears of one of the aforementioned cars for sale pls let me know. I would like minimal to zero rust. I’m not opposed to a coupe that has been upgraded to 3.5 and 5 speed. I won’t be able to get it until the spring due to no where to put it, but if something comes along that’s a screaming deal I might do it before then.

I’ll post a before and after pic when I figure out how to do it.

John

americium

Reaction score
2d3838823fe3175c3a03018b0db880ba.jpg

Look closely on the bottom right, you can see melted aluminum running out from under the burned car.

085d7f875d507554d2b9bb999964b918.jpg

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So sad.
At least there's a chance to replace the coupe, friends and family are much more valuable.
We'll all keep an eye out for you.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your home and belongings John. We will help you find a coupe as soon as you are ready.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John,

So sorry to hear about all the losses. As stated above 'stuff' (like e9's) can be replaced. Great that you and your loved ones are OK. But - starting over will be difficult. Let us know how it is going.

Better days in 2019 for you and the family.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw you on the user map and few weeks ago and wondered if you were still in Paradise. Sorry to hear about your loss and glad everyone is okay.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So sorry to hear and see the pictures. Wish you all the best on rebuilding and sure you will find another coupe to enjoy one day. Best regards.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My daughter lived on Pearson Road and also lost everything in the fire. I’m amazed at how quickly insurance companies have stepped up and made payouts, hopefully that is the same for you. It doesn’t change what happened and can’t replace all of your cherished belongings but it is at least a start. Good luck in your search and best wishes for you and the family in the new year.

Chris

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your losses, John. Thank you for posting the pictures, and I’m glad you’re comfortable sharing such a devastating experience here. I can’t imagjne the challenges in your new reality, but I hope your new beginnings bring good opportunities to soften this truckload of bad.

shanon

Reaction score
My condolences John.

Didn't know there was another in the area, not very many E9s in Butte County or the far NorCal. The fire evacuation line was across the street from my 'batcave' off Skyway

All the best and good hunting.

americium

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks so much for all the kind words and offers to find a new coupe. Sorry for the long delay in responding, I am just now getting back into the forum here having been preoccupied for quite a while with working to make the house we bought into a decent place to live as well as dealing with a separate life change.

HB Chris, I’m glad your daughter made it out ok. We were on the far south end by the airport so had more warning than many north of us. The insurance company for my coupe did pay out quickly and at a more than fair amount. We also were paid for the house at 100% of the policy but we are still waiting for the final pay on our contents insurance.

Shanon, I didn’t realize you were that close either. Looks like you dodged a bullet.

Circumstances made it necessary to use most of the insurance for home improvements so my plans to get another coupe are delayed indefinitely. I did manage to pick up a 69 E3 2800 so I can at least stay in the game.
Thanks again all. John