Lotus 7 driver in awe of e9

m73

Reaction score
Just look at the Lotus/Caterham driver.....:) He is hypnotized by e9 handling & grace.....

Also look @second pic-- looks like front bumper is tucked + missing bumper guards.

-Mo

z1.PNG
z2.PNG

viphoto

Reaction score
Might be thinking how nice it would be to not be getting pelted with rocks and chunks of rubber, or what might happen in a rollover.. I got pelted hard one time driving a formula car....scared the heck out of me..

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Might be thinking how nice it would be to not be getting pelted with rocks and chunks of rubber, or what might happen in a rollover.. I got pelted hard one time driving a formula car....scared the heck out of me..

Same thing happens when you're on a bike sharing a track with race cars on slicks. It's like horizontal rubber hail.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bikes and cars on the same track? I thought that only happened in Mad Max movies :D

Track day in the old days on the rather grandly named Surfers Paradise International Raceway. Club days and racing were bikes only or cars only but track days were all sorts. They even had sessions during the day for by the drag guys by closing off the main straight for an hour.
Mad Max was a p***y. And don't mention that Dundee guy. Will we Aussies ever live them down?

Back to the thread - The E9 is losing fuel ( would that be Barcelona Premium? ) on left handers and he has his driving lights in the race aerodynamic position. Also, can't work out what the Lotus / Clubman is doing as he appears to be turning right, going by the gap above the wheel of his right rear. Or is he recovering from over steer? And what kind of track is that with those crazy blue lines all over it?

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think both Mad Max and The Road Warrior were filmed in Australia, both at a budget (each) of less than 300K. Mad Max was not so great but the Road Warrior was awesome and who can deny the Oscar winning performance of the dialog between Max and the Ferrel Kid? Now, Gaz, since Mel is really not an Australian, (he moved there with his family after his dad Hutton was injured in a work-related accident and received a settlement), you have nothing to be ashamed of.

m73

Reaction score
The blue lines are my best attempt at using a 'telestrator'....o_O What I don't get is the e9 (ETCC champion mind you..) battling a Renault 5 for position.

Although I will give the 'good ole' Renault credit as being a tough little 'hatch'

-M

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The blue lines are my best attempt at using a 'telestrator'....o_O What I don't get is the e9 (ETCC champion mind you..) battling a Renault 5 for position.

Although I will give the 'good ole' Renault credit as being a tough little 'hatch'

-M

Well, these are current photos so any number of cars on the track could be possible. And each cars has a Roundel above the entrant number.