"Mad Max's " S54 powered E9 project

julianCS

Reaction score
Have someone saved the pictures from page 2 by any chance (post #33)? Would be very helpful to see them, because I’m also working on a rearend conversion and need some input/ideas.

JohnFBD

Reaction score
If you have no luck then there are some photos on www.fuelbespokedesign.com in the bodywork section. I used 2 of the e28 shock top hats and welded them together as the were very cheap on W&N at the time. It’s a pretty big job. Also you need to notch the floor where the front of the trailing arms are and highly recommended strengthening the diff carrier with the La Jolla bracket.

julianCS

Reaction score
If you have no luck then there are some photos on www.fuelbespokedesign.com in the bodywork section. I used 2 of the e28 shock top hats and welded them together as the were very cheap on W&N at the time. It’s a pretty big job. Also you need to notch the floor where the front of the trailing arms are and highly recommended strengthening the diff carrier with the La Jolla bracket.

Thanks for the input! I don’t want to spam this thread to much, but I hope this is ok to talk about here.
My plan is to cut out the whole strut tower and support from e24/28 and replace the entire strut tower & spring support from the e9 . That should sit hopefully high enough to give the strut the needed space.

attached is a photo, where you can see what I mean with „strut tower / support“

best regards from Germany!

Attachments

• 9FFCEBE5-8D8F-4EFA-90C4-36AD5C23ECEB.jpeg
    9FFCEBE5-8D8F-4EFA-90C4-36AD5C23ECEB.jpeg
    806.8 KB · Views: 133

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Couple of observations, tower height needs to match your coil over set up, strength, as all the load is there and angle so spring doesn’t bind in the tower.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Paging Brendan...

Long story, but I think "joint" ownership of the car was not the best thing to do during the build process.

Car is now for sale at BAT.

RP

Last edited:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score