My 1971 2800CS Build

TodB

Reaction score
Purists

Todd ... what is it that will " piss off the Purists " ?

I am not a purist and I recognize that its Mike's car and that he can do with it what he wants. Honestly, the more I look at it, the more it grows on me.

I was speculating that the purists will scoff at the stance and the oversized wheels and t would be fun to watch their reaction.

M.Burroughs

Reaction score
First off, you take REALLY nice pics. Really nice.

Not my preference on the wheels, size that is, but I do agree that RS' are the bomb and your car looks awesome. Make sure you bring it to your local CCA chapter show to really piss of the purists!

Thank you sir.

I don't attend my local CCA meetings... but when it comes to pissing off purists, I've got a different car for that, one that really riles them up! :mrgreen:

TodB

Reaction score
purists II

but when it comes to pissing off purists, I've got a different car for that, one that really riles them up!

I am assuming you mean the E28 5er. Good to see that you stirred the pot on Mye28.

Keep stirring.:-D

M.Burroughs

Reaction score
but when it comes to pissing off purists, I've got a different car for that, one that really riles them up!

I am assuming you mean the E28 5er. Good to see that you stirred the pot on Mye28.

Keep stirring.:-D

Indeed.

I have to say this has been one of the best forum experiences I've ever had, and I'm registered on too many to count. This place is great about expressing opinion, whether it be in favor of, or expressing distate, and that is always welcomed.

But there's nothing better than knowing you guys support people doing what they want to their cars.

As I posted on MyE28, I half-way expected this forum to be quite un-accepting of my car, but the reactions have been more than welcoming to say the least, so thank you all.

And Tierfreund, you asked.... :?

5214946147_521bb45eed_b.jpg

5215241027_dc091545f1_b.jpg

It's a 1985 535 that has no paint. It's entirely rusted, it's on air suspension, it's got a chopped top, a Toyota Supra twin turbo engine, 24k gold plated Ronal Racing magnesium wheels upsized to 17", and other nonsensical stuff. I'm sure that one won't go over as well. So to redeem, I've also got an E36:

5297905483_7850f55969_b.jpg

5307116947_75aa156f97_b.jpg

And it has a full E46 M3 S54 driveline, including the 6-speed. It's also got stacks and other mods.

5365189038_371edf9bbf_b.jpg

I've got other builds I could post as well but these are the ones I currently own.
I've also got a project Euro '82 525i in the driveway but it's not worth posting.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mate, I love the 5er, that's way cool, the perfect car to chop about and hot rod, stuff what the the purists say, at the end of the day its just a 5 series, there's plenty of them about
The 3 series looks very nice too, and I like your e9 (but please don't roof chop that- will you!)

Steve

Tierfreund

Reaction score
Indeed.

And Tierfreund, you asked.... :?

5214946147_521bb45eed_b.jpg

5215241027_dc091545f1_b.jpg

It's a 1985 535 that has no paint. It's entirely rusted, it's on air suspension, it's got a chopped top, a Toyota Supra twin turbo engine, 24k gold plated Ronal Racing magnesium wheels upsized to 17", and other nonsensical stuff. I'm sure that one won't go over as well. So to redeem,

Love it ! love it! love it!
Hate it ! hate it! hate it!

Man, that is FABULOUS!

If you´re going to go crazy, go all the way!

HUGE respect man! :mrgreen:

rb1971

Reaction score
Looks great in my opinion. Might not be for everyone, but I've always been a fan of Rusty Slammington as well. :)

Cole

Reaction score
I cant find any build pics on the web? can we have a look under it? Cool car.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Wow, I assume you have to jack it up to turn the front wheels ??? Yes, how does it handle ? It certainly looks wild but doesn’t seem very streetable. Do you have any photos where it’s at the height you actually drive it at ? ~ John Buchtenkirch

Macka

Reaction score
Mike l love this photos. Can we see some detailed picks of suspension set up?

tightbox

Reaction score
Yes, please elaborate on what E28 parts you used in the non-bagged/first iteration of your suspension, it looks great!

The that evening I butchered some E28 suspension bits and brought the car on down to sea level, a bit lower than everyone's taste, I am sure. But it's what I enjoy, so take it for what you will. :)

I pulled the spacers up top and stuck shorter E28 springs in place of the originals. I also modified the upper spring seat. It's not finished though, but when I get it all perfect I will post it all in here so anyone who wants to do something similar will be able to do so.
5949825606_438d329635_b.jpg