Ski coach

Site Donor $
Reaction score
C152A34C-0ED3-488F-82CE-4F084603B00A.jpeg
BE45660E-89FE-4CE8-A65E-F787B13566A0.jpeg
8BF586AA-6BEA-4829-AB47-5ADA7B81D202.jpeg
1D87C5BA-9AE8-4396-AD81-4FA6291FD32D.jpeg
Hello all,
I am considering selling my completely restored (VSR-Mario Langsten) 1973 Csl to make room in my garage for a new project. Please contact me by pm if seriously interested; 325K
-2016 Quail Winner ( 100th Anniversary of BMW Class)
-The specifics of this car is a very long list and the restoration is extensively documented.

leonine99

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
An opportunity to get a very desirable CSL in perfect condition with great provenance from a seller with impeccable credentials. No question this is worth every cent. For those who can handle the price tag, no need to look further. GLWTS!!

giannicsl

Reaction score
Ciao
Posso chiedere il numero #vin
Solo per il mio personale censimento sulle csL
?
Ringrazio
Macchina super

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I had the means, I'd sell Athena and buy this. Concours winning and amazing Vasek Polak provenance & incredibly detailed restoration by VSR. In my opinion one of the best CSLs in US if not the world.

Markos

Parts Mule
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the not originality affect the price?
Such as the 3.5 engine!
I think that we will need the market to tell us what they think. We saw a “dry” CS with extensive mods hit $125K on BAT. If you take a CSL and restore it from the ground up and add some period correct/oem/subtle go-fast parts, what is the value? I suspect that there is a market of buyers that want a CSL that they can show and flog, both with a smile on their face. Unfortunately it will likely sell privately so we may never know.

GLWS Chris! Your car is a thing of beauty!

giannicsl

Reaction score
vorrei sentire gli esperti csL
un mio modesto parere è un ottimo restauro, ma per il mercato USA
alcuni particolari estetici non mi sembrano corretti (striscie csl bicolore-cerchi 16-mancanza di chiusure veloci-parziale rivestimento vano motore? motore? alpina?
origine italiana? si frecce bicolore. oppure?
vero 169? non credo, nel 1973 credo ci sono i primi 3003
comunque csL splendido
, ma sul mercato europeo sarebbe sottoposto ai raggi x.

Markos

Parts Mule
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
vorrei sentire gli esperti csL
un mio modesto parere è un ottimo restauro, ma per il mercato USA
alcuni particolari estetici non mi sembrano corretti (striscie csl bicolore-cerchi 16-mancanza di chiusure veloci-parziale rivestimento vano motore? motore? alpina?
origine italiana? si frecce bicolore. oppure?
vero 169? non credo, nel 1973 credo ci sono i primi 3003
comunque csL splendido
, ma sul mercato europeo sarebbe sottoposto ai raggi x.

I would like to hear the csL experts my humble opinion is an excellent restoration, but for the U.S.A. some aesthetic details do not seem correct (CSL two-colored stripes, 16" rims, lack of fast fasteners, partial engine compartment lining? engine? alpine? Italian origin? yes bi-color arrows. or? true light 169? I do not believe, in 1973 I believe there were the first 3003 however CSL splendid , but on the European market it would be subjected to x-rays.

Ski coach

Site Donor $
Reaction score
956BD680-3C70-4653-83E2-D88B65B09CA9.jpeg
1298C77F-E84F-4482-A40D-5783E455615E.jpeg
I think that we will need the market to tell us what they think. We saw a “dry” CS with extensive mods hit $125K on BAT. If you take a CSL and restore it from the ground up and add some period correct/oem/subtle go-fast parts, what is the value? I suspect that there is a market of buyers that want a CSL that they can show and flog, both with a smile on their face. Unfortunately it will likely sell privately so we may never know.

GLWS Chris! Your car is a thing of beauty!
Thank you for the complement Markos but this Csl incorporates much more than some period correct go fast parts. Without going into a very long discussion here, there is a reason Andy Bovensiepen (Owner of Alpina) came to visit my car in the pits at Leguna Seca and signed the engine bay.