My company's latest purchase..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
BTW, the 911 is still covered in dirt/dust. I'm tempted to clean off the windows and take it to Cars and Coffee that way. :p

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BTW, the 911 is still covered in dirt/dust. I'm tempted to clean off the windows and take it to Cars and Coffee that way. :p
Another well deserved nickname for your Pinto was, "A Living Ronson Ad" My computer did not recognize the word Ronson. For the uninitiated it is the name of a cigarette lighter. Collectibles now like many of us.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, we're aware of the IMS issues. The first Boxster I bought for parts had a bad bearing, which prompted me to do research. The engine sounds really good but they'll get it up and check it out really good also.

Buddy did the IMS recently. He said there's a new kit that is an improvement on the bearing and some other associated part, like making it lubricated instead of dry, or something like that. He thought it increased the value, but not as much as the cost of the kit, labor, and engine drop "while you're in there" costs. But he had the local P-car guru do it, and he's spendy.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, there's fixes that try to address it from the outside of the case, which are a band aid. The true fixes are done by splitting the case, like you said.