my new engine M30B30

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
selling the complete head

i am considering selling my just freshly renewed M30 head, in absolutely pristine condition: new guides, seats, new valves, etc, etc, all you can imagine and a bit more

this head is correct for a carbureted car

ref. number 1277358

it has the holes needed for using the original mechanical pump and the correct camshaft for that purpose, (but if you do not have a mech fuel pump these holes can be covered and you can use it perfectly)

It is the robust type of head, date 1985 (i recall), with correct holes for refrigeration instead of "the bean type passages"

valves are already set to 0,25mm by means of new eccentric and bolts

all replacement parts are BMW parts, not Walloth or other alternatives

you can follow the work done to it in my engine renewal thread

this is it:

is there anyone interested ? If so, please PM me, Price will be set considering what i will need for building a new head, not trying to retire from this sale

I am considering selling it because i found a new-in-the-box AMC head so i will restart the process with it

see it here: the AMC NOS head:

Tierfreund

Reaction score
How is the AMC head better than the one you have? Curious to know...

Will your M30 head fit my Jag V12? Do you have a second one that´s a mirror image? Did a compression test on my V12 today and found 2 Cylinders (one each bank) with only 90PSI instead of 180... could to with some new heads, I guess.... Or just one good new head to go on my shoulder. So I´d smarten up and sell or part out the damn english patient.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new AMC head find. Some day I should walk with you and see if I find what you keep finding...

I am sure if you sell your rebuilt head installed you will get a good price. Be the continental Sfdon and do the install on site between sangrias and amuse-bouches. You will also get to road test your work.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
AMC is better ?

i have been asked before, i do not know, but this is the situation, i was unable to say no to this pristine new amc head, so i have a completed head and an empty one, one has to go, considering that i know how to do the job again, i thought it was better and easier to sell the "plug and play" one

that is why i am selling it, but this offer is for a limitied period of time, if there is no buyer, i will continue with the completed head and the amc will be stocked in the shelf;)

regards