Need advice for colour choice for 71 Bavaria

Tierfreund

Reaction score
I´m a real wizzard with Gimp, I am... :)

AdomitderGoldkante.jpg

BlackBeauty.jpg

GraueMaus.jpg

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
What Color?

With your nice black velour interior--my vote would be Agave--also Atlantik Blau looks elegant on the E-3.

Last edited:

Dirk

Reaction score
This is a very personal decision, BUT ...

My first choice would be to stay with the original color CHAMONIX, it is just so pretty and stylish, but you sort of eliminated that one and you eliminated the metalics as well.

Given those constraints, I would pick MALAGA.

Black looks like a taxi and you'd be cleaning the car every day, bristol looks like primer, OK on a NK perhaps, verona and some of the other funky colors look nice on a coupe or on an 02 but they look "too cheap" on an E3. Jade just doesn't cut it for me.

Whatever you do, pick the one that puts the biggest grin on your face.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
This is a very personal decision, BUT ...

My first choice would be to stay with the original color CHAMONIX, it is just so pretty and stylish, but you sort of eliminated that one and you eliminated the metalics as well.

Given those constraints, I would pick MALAGA.

Black looks like a taxi and you'd be cleaning the car every day, bristol looks like primer, OK on a NK perhaps, verona and some of the other funky colors look nice on a coupe or on an 02 but they look "too cheap" on an E3. Jade just doesn't cut it for me.

Whatever you do, pick the one that puts the biggest grin on your face.

Actually I´ve been to my favourite bodyshop for a qoute now. (The guy really is namend Enzo and all cliches apply) and even they recommended just a partial respray in chamonix to get things back to matching up, thus forgoing $$$ for the sake of prefering Chamonix....

Also, everyone who knows the car is hammering at me to stay with chamonix, so I´m wavering.

Maybe a partial or even full respray in chamonix AND swapping my parking space with someone to get away from that crisp pagoda. Also I´ve decided, after playing with some of the older pictures, that I need to get some early BBS 14x7 ET10 again. :)

Argh... that´s one tough decision to make.

Point taken about black and grey though (though taxis are "elfenbein" (Jeremy Clarksons teeth colour) over here). Well put.

e3er

Reaction score
If keeping white is an option, then that's the way to go.

It was born chamonix, that's what it is, love it and embrace it. Save the cash and blow it on upgrades, another car, or whatever...

I agree with Dirks comments about black - cleaning is brutal, and grey unless done absolutely right will looks primer-esque.

Simufly

Reaction score
Bav colours.

I have had a selection of e3 over the years,
first Atlantic with black vinyl interior, a bit gloomy
second: Turkis with black leather, better.
third: Garnetrot with black leather better still
Last Rubinrot with hellgrau velour best

However if you want to stay non metallic them I would go for Malaga but if metallic is an option then sienna looks really neat on the e3.
IMO of course

Tierfreund

Reaction score

Thank you very much. Very helpful to have real pictures of a real E3 in bristol. Actually that car looks exactly like mine (model, year, wheels etc.) would look if I painted it bristol. And I must say it looks very very nice.

This forum and it´s helpful members realy are a great resource!