New E9 owner all the way from the UK - How doo! :)

o

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for the props and ideas. I popped down to see the car on Thursday night and lots had been done already. Best bit for me was when I twisted the key and it started instantly - It's never done that in my ownership - sooo happy with that! :D

Should hopefully be picking it up on Tuesday having had;

1. Modified alternator to be more efficient and reliable
2. Wiring overhaul
3. Cut-off switch installation
4. Electronic ignition fitment
5. Removal of US-spec suspenion blocks (not sure how they got there!!)
6. Service

Comments welcome all :)

o

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hey Owen,

What leccy ignition setup did you go for? Mine runs a Lumeniton optronic with matching high output coul, just need to get some decent 8mm silicone leads that don't cost £100 and that's the whole ignition system up to scratch!

I found that my car started and ran much better - In fact it's so much better than the points setup the idle speed adjustment is now wound out all the way and it's still a touch high!

I also had my alternator rebuilt as a high output unit as it was knackered! Strange yours was too.

Finally, what were the suspension blocks and where were they found?

o

Reaction score
Hey dj,

Ignition system now excellent - we checked the leads and they were fine so sticking with these for now. Adjusted the idel tiking down to 950 last week and thsi seems to be doing the trick in terms of smooth running.

Alternator seems to be charging just right.

Suspension blocks were fitted between the body and strut tops - easy to remove and no corrosion due to them being aluminium.

o :)