New Member - 1974 3.0 CSi

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I owned a CSi I would keep that motor and not go to a b35. US CS 170hp, CSi 200hp, b35 208hp with more torque. You need to keep the motor if you proceed with the b35.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Brian and welcome. I am with Chris here. Address the body, rebuild/repair the csi engine. Convert to five speed only if you plan long trips above 70 mph. Injected cars are relatively rare here.
Scott

Brian Muzzy

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I am going to have another convo with Terry and figure this out. The engine is seized and there is significant concern with the EFI setup. I am swimming in information I am so unfamiliar with.
My understanding on possibilities:
Rebuild B30, try to sort out the original EFI - risk in EFI component sourcing?
Buy and rebuild B35, put newer EFI - known approach

Could I have the B30 rebuilt and put on newer EFI if necessary?

I appreciate all feedback and support.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No point in modifying a b30 CSi with later components, it is still not a CSi. See what Terry says about your b30, maybe it can be saved. Our 2800 had a seized motor but we replaced the pistons/bearing/chains/etc and love it. A b35 is the next logical step.

Brian Muzzy

Reaction score
No point in modifying a b30 CSi with later components, it is still not a CSi. See what Terry says about your b30, maybe it can be saved. Our 2800 had a seized motor but we replaced the pistons/bearing/chains/etc and love it. A b35 is the next logical step.
I’ll definitely sit back down with him on Monday. I admit I was overwhelmed and had a million things running through my head when he told me the engine was seized. So when we talked options I was trying to learn, process the disappointment, and make decisions all at once. He did take a lot of time walking through scenarios. I didn’t take into account the scarcity/uniqueness of the engine in the US. I will let everyone know what route we take.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dropped the car off at Terry Sayther's place in Austin today. After a lot of discussion, we are going forward with a 3.5 swap and he will be addressing a number of other things along the way. Unfortunately, I am acting so quick on getting the project started, I have yet to get any good pics of the car in its current state. Thanks again for the reference. Hope to be cruising in the spring.

-b

Here is a great example of a car that was negatively impacted by a motor swap - despite
the performance enhancement.

Brian Muzzy

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have welcomed me and chimed in on my first entry to the forum around help. I have talked to Terry Sayther Automotive again and we will be rebuilding my 3.0 and working to get the original D-Jet up to spec. The more searching I do on this site, the more I am realizing that the original CSi should stay as such for as long as reasonably possible.

Cheers

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty sure #5 was the ejection button in Dr. NO. Very new to this myself.