New update

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes it looks great, is there a way to get it to display newest post at the top of the thread instead of the bottom like before?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes it looks great, is there a way to get it to display newest post at the top of the thread instead of the bottom like before?
There doesn't seem to be a solution for the new version. Looking into it...

EDIT: Personally, I've always used New Post to read the forum, which takes you to the first unread post of each thread. So if a thread has six pages and you use New Post it will take you to the first unread post in that thread, probably on page six, but if that thread has four new posts since the last time you viewed it New Posts would take you to the first of those four new posts in that thread.

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
30f.jpg

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It amazes me how you guys do this. Much thanks. The jump to new post button works well. Is there an option to get the user location in the poster's box as before? That adds alot of context to the post.

Edit: Now see you can hover over the user and shows their info.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a solution for the new version. Looking into it...

EDIT: Personally, I've always used New Post to read the forum, which takes you to the first unread post of each thread. So if a thread has six pages and you use New Post it will take you to the first unread post in that thread, probably on page six, but if that thread has four new posts since the last time you viewed it New Posts would take you to the first of those four new posts in that thread.
Dan, the problem is, if you are away for more than a day ... there are more new posts than there is a place for. i am like Steve, i really like newest unread at top (which generally isn't many), but sometimes you can be a page behind.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow the new post at top logic. If you missed the last five posts on a thread you start with the fifth one then scroll down until you figure out which post you read last. With the new post filter it finds the first new post for you, then you go in order as they were posted. I think you'd like it if you used it for a week or so.

Being gone a week is the same either way. You still have the same number of unread posts in a list, some are new posts in new threads and some are new posts in existing threads, either way you see them all.. There's other filters that might work for you too.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan for all the work.
One thing - just when I thought I was getting liked we now have the PC "Reaction Score". I can get a reaction if I fart in an elevator, and I'm pretty sure I won't be liked. Is it that the less well liked are feeling marginalised? Does it really matter if you are liked or not? Up to a point that is. Oh dear, now I'm being PC with myself.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow the new post at top logic. If you missed the last five posts on a thread you start with the fifth one then scroll down until you figure out which post you read last. With the new post filter it finds the first new post for you, then you go in order as they were posted. I think you'd like it if you used it for a week or so.
your mileage may vary ... what i liked about the old way was that if you were reading scottevest's long build post ... and you hadn't read it in a while, it would go back to where you last visited it and you would go from there (without doing anything special). now you are either at the beginning or the end and don't know what you missed in the middle. the improvements will be better overall to get more out of the forum, but for general reading it was just fine the way it was with either option ... i'm sure there are some significant improvements in this ... but for us old school guys there is a drawback - the old way worked without having to think about it ... the search function, not so much. so i am hopeful for improvement there - it was more successful to do a google search and click on the e9coupe listings.

i will certainly give it a try and figure out how to use it better ... i do believe that change is good, but not all changes are an improvement. not a complaint ... just feedback from a long time user.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've also noticed that all my pic links from Google Photo are dead, and noticed some other members' are also.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can you give me an example? A post with a bad link.

Some threads still have pics, like this one:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score

Some threads still have pics, like this one:

I don't see anything obvious in the paths that would explain it. And you're sure that the images are still on the host? Can you create new links and see if they work?