No E9 only meeting in USA / BMW Cs registry ?

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Michael, Todd,

Marv sent me an eMail saying that I had to be at registration at 8 AM?!

Len

P.S.

Chuck, I know what you're going through. All the best and hope to see you on Sunday.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I e-mailed Marv and he suggested to be there by 8AM. I don't think we need to be there at 8AM.

Len....do you want to meet at the rest area on 684? I'd figure if we meet around 7:30AM, it would put us at Limerock around 8:30AM. Let me know.

Tod...please observe the speed limit.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Todd, as Mike says, easy on the throttle!

Mike, see you at 7:30; I have your cell #...

(That's the first rest stop on 684, right?)

TodB

Reaction score
Lrp

The main reason I look forward to going to LRP each year, besides seeing you guys of course:), is the drive out. I typically leave at 5 AM, crank the Ipod and have the MA Pike, especially the western part, to myself. Last year, it was heavily patrolled even at that early hour. The new trick is for the troopers to cruise at 100+ (really) in unmarked cars, come up fast behind you and catch you without radar/laser. Happened to me three times last year (not getting caught though) in the span of 10 miles. Its a bit unnerving and you spend more time looking in your rear view mirror. They literally come out of no where at that speed.

I ended up getting bagged last year via Laser coming down a hill. Most annoying. Challenged it, lost, but got the fine reduced. For whatever reason, it never hit my collector car insurance. A good thing.

Weather is supposed to be good all weekend. Let's meet at the gate around 8, drive in and park together so we can get a good pic and show the west coasters we've got game.

And I'll be on it the whole way out :-D. I don't got no pansy ass show cah.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
With my thermos of coffee w/ sambuca nearby, I can at least offer a cup to a trooper! Besides, I let Mike go first, he has the 5-speed...