Official thread of parts for sale w/ridiculous prices?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want headlight wipers in the worst way, I passed on one in a box years ago for $500. This set appears to be not for E9?
As the headlight's frames are the same for E3 and E9 it will fit. The arms fit E3, E9 and E12.

The wiring is aftermarket so needs some knowledge during installation anyhow (including E3).

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Parts are out there

Attachments

• Fahrzeug-Elektrik  Scheibenwaschanlage.jpeg
    Fahrzeug-Elektrik Scheibenwaschanlage.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 51

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
forget the coffee. Shipping and the infamous "Handling" will be 999. Don't even think about the coffee. By the way, where can you get a coffee for a single euro?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I want headlight wipers in the worst way, I passed on one in a box years ago for $500. This set appears to be not for E9?
The only time I have ever felt the need for headlight wipers was driving on a warm winter night when the slushy melting snow mixed with salt and sand and road grime was kicked up into the air by traffic in front of me. I don't really encounter those conditions very often these days.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The only time I have ever felt the need for headlight wipers was driving on a warm winter night when the slushy melting snow mixed with salt and sand and road grime was kicked up into the air by traffic in front of me. I don't really encounter those conditions very often these days.
Who said anything about actually NEEDING them :p:cool:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
It would be the worst thing to hit such a nice, newly installed kit with the road salt. :rolleyes:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have been into useless, extraneous factory or dealer only "Accessories" for decades. When I owned Coupes(back in the day when they were affordable) I searched for headlight wipers. Came close a couple of times. I did find a pricey Italian language owner's manual for my '74 Italian euro coupe. Then when we purchased Lilli, our pristine 76 2002 from JMinPDX I read about winter grille covers. Factory option in Scandanavia for a couple of years. Found a set in the original bag in Germany. Another member liked them so much he found a set.

Did I really need them in SE Pennsylvania where we just had our first snowfall over an inch in 715 days! Nope. And that other member, he lives in Florida!

But it does not end there. Today I received a French language owner's manual in perfect original condition for my 1972 Bavaria.

"Notice d emploi 2500 2800
3.0S 3.0Si"

Did I really need that Italian language owner's manul, or the Winter Grill Covers, or the French language owner's manual, or the factory Emergency First Aid KIt, or...? If you are still reading you know the answer.

Photos on request.

Steve

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
This wheel is being sold "for parts" and the asking price is $699. Of course that includes free shipping from "Greater China" so maybe that it explains it. This is one of the most egregious examples, but there are also quite a few of these "for parts" wheels listed at $399.

For a bit of context, I bought one these wheels for $200. It needs some work, but is functional and looks way better than these. After I got it I discovered a bit of a wobble in the rim lip (pretty hard to notice). I contacted the seller and he refunded me $50.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well our 'friend' ego_bgo, otherwise know as "big ego" ... has officially joined the list of ridiculous prices - $4500 for a 38 cm Petri 'VGC, with marginal Imperfections, has small pits on Right Hand Spoke'. has a 2002 hub.

and for $5500 a 40cm Petri - VGC, with marginal Imperfections. Spokes were Polished to a Mirror Like Finish, has small pits near Grip in a couple places. the wheel has definite imperfections and has the wrong horn button.

if these were truly reflective prices, i should sell my almost perfect 40cm Petri for $6500 ... which is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if somebody wants to buy my perfect 40cm petri ... for a ridiculous price, i will split the profits with my friend @Stevehose who i purchased it from many years ago for a very fair price. i not really for sale, but before anybody considered spending this kind of coin on a Petri, give me a shout.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
well our 'friend' ego_bgo, otherwise know as "big ego" ... has officially joined the list of ridiculous prices - $4500 for a 38 cm Petri 'VGC, with marginal Imperfections, has small pits on Right Hand Spoke'. has a 2002 hub.

and for $5500 a 40cm Petri - VGC, with marginal Imperfections. Spokes were Polished to a Mirror Like Finish, has small pits near Grip in a couple places. the wheel has definite imperfections and has the wrong horn button.

if these were truly reflective prices, i should sell my almost perfect 40cm Petri for $6500 ... which is just ridiculous.

I can offer a NOS package deal. A 38 and a 40 together for $9999 American Dollars.