Original factory leather CSL 38cm Petri and hub for sale

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello all,
I purchased the wheel that started this conversation within an hour of its posting. It was never installed and has been in storage since I got it. My car was sold along with the original Alpina wheel so I no longer have need for this beautiful original Petri 38 wheel. Please pm me to discuss if seriously interested.
It won't be cheap but you will not be disappointed!
Chris

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Chris,
hearty congratulations on the sale of your gorgeous Csl...... lucky new owner who will hopefully show the pride possession to us here.
Best of luck on the sale of your Csl Petri, as seldom as they come up for sale shouldn’t be long before a Csl owner (hopefully) gets the right wheel for her/ his car.

regards
Keshav

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello again all. After receiving some advice from people who are the experts on valuations, I will state the price of this wheel at $3000. plus shipping. First to pm me with a commitment gets it. If no takers, it goes on BAT.
KINDEST REGARDS TO EVERYONE,
Chris

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To all Csl owners (and all others too),
If you don’t have the 38cm leather bound Petri along with the 4 ring hub with its longer cover which is A must for Csl’s (carb Csl’s not necessarily included), this is a seldom opportunity to get the correct wheel for a very reasonable price (based on Csl values). These wheels appear once every few years and that too from a respected forum member, take advantage of this offer.

Keshav

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
To Keshav's earlier point I'm pretty sure my wheel has no back stamp. I'm assuming it's a CSL wheel. My car was at the front end of the City Pack production run in 1972 so it might be a case of things changing during the production run. Will dig it out and take some pics tonight. If it's not a CSL wheel you can ignore this post while I start crying :(

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To Keshav's earlier point I'm pretty sure my wheel has no back stamp. I'm assuming it's a CSL wheel. My car was at the front end of the City Pack production run in 1972 so it might be a case of things changing during the production run. Will dig it out and take some pics tonight. If it's not a CSL wheel you can ignore this post while I start crying :(

This is your wheel I believe, if it is, it’s an authentic Csl leather bound one with presumably the correct hub and cover. Needs plenty of TLC but authentic Csl wheel it is And yes, not all of the earlier ones have the 38 stamp but it’s obviously a 38, can tell just by looking at it

B2FE8973-7197-4FCC-AFE6-6C0538981529.png

Reactions: Wes

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Look up into the hub from the back side and there should be a part number, CSL is 11 12 24 41

yq_6z2NphE9_CZ19IIlkXL73u5T2pfoSFCzMnbQef2vn3t0X5QQDShASvKlpiVOz-AeP8y2vICqKAJ_i-tfDftP-RFnxvqIZcyUjNX9M84dkpslxBNhPfjTGZh0P4-c0pU1BI3O-_Huox_WW82sAdBhT_cBe2SefZ6Tl7i4miLYMLqiOESyf8AQc6weCk9jOm6UwkdbZVght2m0w57RqP4uyZfevtGRtFfA6ygOF6RtpV1Bfqats_WpAH4yYXuC7uRuww2UOJlhBudw_xYFNIp-9hbg0nzjzblFd9ysXRS8aqihxZXbj4QBSorFUjI8uImLPXfPkofzcXMqBQ13O2wgiQcmcrQFB1OogdDbNBp1twnFXlFmxeKvhttgQAdrkwnPhOuN44j7qjdGiJ45-NYFseG0flB2AAGtavQ1gejCkY8hdIRj5fxyPYdifyjGLRWLnxtlUFEfLvtLZi9t1VKYFy14ENccqueMLtyoOyhU-GsQG3r-Wij7eFiyxs9f3hoGzEipPTYp7u1xctL0a9aAONEBCJuOUBQyPMn0FGwvrT8tlWd4lslqek_r7zfBZgE7JplIRVsqvJ95vgZQMj92WLl9jJGGwhL-VlKscm_zQWhYBiob8=w832-h771-no

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is your wheel I believe, if it is, it’s an authentic Csl leather bound one with presumably the correct hub and cover. Needs plenty of TLC but authentic Csl wheel it is And yes, not all of the earlier ones have the 38 stamp but it’s obviously a 38, can tell just by looking at it

View attachment 98730

I have a vague memory of there being a stamp on one of the spokes on the back that's covered up by the mounts. I might pull it down just to take a look

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great news, congrats to both and to the new owner who has the right wheel for her/ his CSL. A win win situation.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello again all. After receiving some advice from people who are the experts on valuations, I will state the price of this wheel at $3000. plus shipping. First to pm me with a commitment gets it. If no takers, it goes on BAT.
KINDEST REGARDS TO EVERYONE,
Chris
I wonder if the csl car value goes up 3k, after this petric is put on it ...??...
good luck with the sale and good luck to the buyer

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if the csl car value goes up 3k, after this petric is put on it ...??...
good luck with the sale and good luck to the buyer

It’s death by 1,000 pin pricks with a CSL. If you bought one with a steel trunk, 10 hole wheels, and an unoriginal steering wheel, you are looking at close to $15K to be made whole. It’s a common scenario with CSL’s that come to market.