original velour and carpeting, where to find?

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Thanks John

Why did he not charge you the price without the 19% MwSt tax since the material was exported to the US? I guess they don't want to deal with that sort of thing unless you ask. Did you notice and damage from folding the material? Also, is the material just a flexible as the original material was? In you estimate, do you need about equal amounts of the cord and the velours material to do the 3.0 seats? Seems like a decent estimation to me...

If anyone else wants to order some material, let me know and we can consolidate back and shipping fees.

Is was able to find the cord material on the Tomkinson web-site or maybe I had it added there.

The velour is actually better quality than original, what I found in taking the seats apart is that the center bows in the center portions have to be remade, but we used the original blue vinyl material, doubt can be made via long distance, someone in CA must know a good interior guy.... While seats out, steam clean your carpets with extraction, much easier.....

Doppler is not an exporter, so he is not set up to refund VAT

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Tom,
I can't remember the exact cost, but will check when I get home. You have to pay via an International Bank Transfer which cost me an additional $45 fee at my bank

Check out Xoom.com next time; $5 international bank transfers.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
The velour is actually better quality than original, what I found in taking the seats apart is that the center bows in the center portions have to be remade, but we used the original blue vinyl material, doubt can be made via long distance, someone in CA must know a good interior guy.... While seats out, steam clean your carpets with extraction, much easier.....

Doppler is not an exporter, so he is not set up to refund VAT

I don't understand what vinyl center bows need to be re-made? I normally have steel wires that hold the seat fabric to the seat cushions and they are reusable. I have a good interior guy. Do you need him to make your seat covers? I'm having some done in leather shortly...

John S

Reaction score
Thanks John

Why did he not charge you the price without the 19% MwSt tax since the material was exported to the US?

Did you notice any damage from folding the material?

Not sure what you're talking about. He didn't charge me any additional taxes, VAT or otherwise. There is a note under the total for the cloth that says "The fabrics are weaved and we are the producer of the fabrics!" if that make any difference in regards to VAT. I had rounded up the costs that I posted earlier. The exact cost was:

69 x 4 = 276 Euros for 4 meters of cloth
39.30 Euros shipping
-5.52 2% discount he gave me out of the goodness of his heart (I didn't ask for it).
== 309.78 Euros total which equals roughly $428 dollars at today's exchange rate.

No, I don't believe that the folds in the cloth will be an issue.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
I'm finally getting serious about putting my order together and I went to check the cloth seats that I have in storage. On those seats both the side bolsters AND the seating surfaces are made out of the cord material. The cord runs lengthwise on the seating area and perpendicular on the sides. Were there different versions of the cloth seats? Maybe the ones I have in storage were off a 2800, although the parts book doesn't list a cord material for a 2800CS (It is listed for a US spec 3.0CS). Is the material now sold by BMW, 5192 1 817 333, the one that was used on the 3.0CSi? I know there was talk of three different cord materials, although I'm not seeing this in the parts book.