Parts

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Please keep in mind Max Connover is a retailer and NOT a manufacturer. Like Jaymic, Walloth-Nesch & Blunttech. They all sell the same things with different profit margins.

Is Max looking for smaller items to 3D print or something similar?
Hi Chris,

Due to the poor quality of some of the reproductions on the market, I am investigating having parts made here in the good ole USA. I’ve gotten some encouraging responses from local govt economic development agencies to help in this initiative to bring back manufacturing onshore.

Since you are a guru of Classic BMWs, my question to you is this: which parts do you think are in dire need of reproduction for the E9 (and other classic BMW you can think of).

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Waistline trim that fits. I second the engine compartment rubber and door seals (that fit).

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Due to the poor quality of some of the reproductions on the market, I am investigating having parts made here in the good ole USA. I’ve gotten some encouraging responses from local govt economic development agencies to help in this initiative to bring back manufacturing onshore.

Since you are a guru of Classic BMWs, my question to you is this: which parts do you think are in dire need of reproduction for the E9 (and other classic BMW you can think of).

Complete /whole front wings

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good door seals.

Another vote for c-pillar roundels

Another vote for window felts. The u-shaped ones below, as well as the other side of the door glass, and both sides of the quarter glass.
1652112433376.png

The rubber piece along the base of the vent window that slips over the door cap trim.
1652112452099.png

What about parking light housings (they are often pitted and difficult to re-plate due to pot meal pits as well as needing to remove bulb socket and reflector)?
1652112576453.png

And parking light housing to body gaskets (not the lens to housing gasket).
1652112727226.png

I drew them up in CAD but have been having a heck of a time trying to print in flexible TPU.

1652112842999.png
1652112870823.png

Attachments

• 1652112761002.png
    1652112761002.png
    628.9 KB · Views: 69

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interior access panels or covers like glove box, fuse panel, wood side panels that house HVAC and radio (also covered in that horrible thin vinyl).
Trunk skins.
Ready to install foam kits for seats.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
@jefflit ; with your CAD model, i would choose a route to have them casted in a silicone mould. Print one in a ridig, high definition, smooth material from your CAD file. Then use that as a positive part to create a negative silicone mould. We use it for parts that we need 20-50 copies of.

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Wes re: u-shaped window felt.. I've looked all over the CK site. Can't find. Was also told could use a 2002 part. Again can't find. If you have a link or details I'd appreciate.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the small front turn signal lense to housing base is needed. I couldn't find them anywhere. They are quite thin..

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
1) Rear window felts. (ie the u-shaped ones as others on this thread have suggested).

2) Complete front and rear bumper sets.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Wes re: u-shaped window felt.. I've looked all over the CK site. Can't find. Was also told could use a 2002 part. Again can't find. If you have a link or details I'd appreciate.

@sfdon may know more. They could be out of stock but I've previously bought two sets from them.