Wladek

Reaction score
Hello,
have for sale some new, never used horn contact rings for Petri steering wheel.
Fit all 3-ring (35, 38, 40cm - 2002, e9) or 4-ring (38cm - e9 csl) bmw petri hubs.
Very good quality, nicely made reproduction.
Each set will consist of horn contact ring & mounting rivets (3mm/10mm (2x aluminium & 2x steel)).
PayPal payment (without PP commission).
Price EUR/1pc shipped. Delivery via Post registered priority bubble letter.
Any questions - please PM.
Thanks.
DSC05513.JPG
DSC05514.JPG
DSC05515.JPG
DSC05517.JPG

Last edited:

Wladek

Reaction score
will this fit the original e9 bus wheel?
It will not fit.
But if you are not in big hurry & can wait some time, i think i can help you with it. Let me know.
Better put, can wladek make you a bus wheel contact ring?

Wladek,

I can send one your way to borrow if you need one.
Thanks Mark, no need, just need a good search on my shelves.;)

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
will this fit the original e9 bus wheel?
Inner vs outer mounting ears. Modding this flat bottom unit is much easier than the oe Petri stepped ring. Cut and trim suitable thickness plastic with outside mounting ears and epoxy into place. Done!

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello,
have for sale some new, never used horn contact rings for Petri steering wheel.
Fit all 3-ring (35, 38, 40cm - 2002, e9) or 4-ring (38cm - e9 csl) bmw petri hubs.
Very good quality, nicely made reproduction.
Each set will consist of horn contact ring & mounting rivets (3mm/10mm (2x aluminium & 2x steel)).
PayPal payment.
Price 60 EUR/1pc shipped. Delivery via Post registered priority bubble letter.
Any questions - please PM.
Thanks.
View attachment 48897 View attachment 48898 View attachment 48899 View attachment 48900
For anyone considering these, I recently bought two and they are perfect :)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If anyone is willing to part with one that fits the bus wheel please let me know. No hurry as i am not using it and probably never will but i took it off for another wheel, since sold. Thanks.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think I need one of these. I will PM you.

I have a strange issue with my horn btw. When I push the horn button down (needs bit of of pressure) actually I can feel the entire hub/petri wheel go ever so slightly forward as it moves slightly down on the splines for the horn to sound. It feels springy somehow so when the horn/hub and wheel is pushed down/forwards along the sline (only s few micro mm) horn sounds and when pressure released horn stops. Luckily still alway passes registration inspections.

I sound horn via pushing horn button hard with my palm or even if I hold the sides of the steering wheel and push down hard the horn will sound too.

I wonder since I have this weird horn problem is it due to lack of this centre ring?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think I need one of these. I will PM you.

I have a strange issue with my horn btw. When I push the horn button down (needs bit of of pressure) actually I can feel the entire hub/petri wheel go ever so slightly forward as it moves slightly down on the splines for the horn to sound. It feels springy somehow so when the horn/hub and wheel is pushed down/forwards along the sline (only s few micro mm) horn sounds and when pressure released horn stops. Luckily still alway passes registration inspections.

I sound horn via pushing horn button hard with my palm or even if I hold the sides of the steering wheel and push down hard the horn will sound too.

I wonder since I have this weird horn problem is it due to lack of this centre ring?

If you don’t have the horn ring your your horn would run nonstop. I would pop off your horn button and ensure that your 19mm steering wheel nut
is secure. Other than that, you can take the horn button to investigate. You just need a small eyeglass screwdriver. The horn button has 5 pieces.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you don’t have the horn ring your your horn would run nonstop. I would pop off your horn button and ensure that your 19mm steering wheel nut
is secure. Other than that, you can take the horn button to investigate. You just need a small eyeglass screwdriver. The horn button has 5 pieces.

Thanks Marcos. Okay I will investigate further.
Btw is it common on e9’s to be able to push down on the whole steering wheel itself (not just the central BMW logo horn button) and the horn can actually sound?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Btw is it common on e9’s to be able to push down on the whole steering wheel itself (not just the central BMW logo horn button) and the horn can actually sound?

I haven’t heard of that issue. Even if you were missing the horn ring, the hub shouldn’t slide in and out.

Wladek

Reaction score
Petri's horn contact rings are gone. Thank you!
Do you have metal direction lights canceller on the rear part of the hub?
I haven’t heard of that issue. Even if you were missing the horn ring, the hub shouldn’t slide in and out.
This problem might appear when there is no washer (ca. 2mm thick) under steering wheel locking nut inside the hub;) I found same problem couple years back when tried to assemble newer type OEM BMW steering wheel from e12/e21 (not Petri).

Last edited: