Philippe from Belgium

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
A few more picture of the Cs

just a comment on the fuel filter that you shown in the CS setup

in my humble opinión metallic fuel filter cartridges had too high flow loses for an original mechanical fuel pump

it is advisable to use more simple fuel filters in this case and leave the metallic ones for the electric pump that you will find in your CSi

mechanical pump gives only between 0,21 to 0,25 bar pressure, ask me how i know this...

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Quincey,

Thanks for the tip, for sure something I'll take up with my mechanic during my next visit.

With my non existing technical insight, what would be the influence of the use of this wrong fuel filter on how the engine performances?

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow

You own two beautiful cars, but I'd restore the CSI in the original color. And Inka is fantastic!

Philippe db

Reaction score
You own two beautiful cars, but I'd restore the CSI in the original color. And Inka is fantastic!

Thanks Lorenzo,

Couldn't agree more with you, for sure the biggest mistake made in the restoration of this car but I didn't make it. The guy who had it restored saw a movie (when a man loves a woman or something like this) where a Silver E9 was featured and that was the car he fell in love with so hence the colour switch.:cry:

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
chrome Trim

I have a polaris CS here in Los Angeles. This weekend, literally as the post was entered, I was switching out my chrome hood and fender grilles for black. Photo no. 1 makes me want to go back.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Quincey,

Thanks for the tip, for sure something I'll take up with my mechanic during my next visit.

With my non existing technical insight, what would be the influence of the use of this wrong fuel filter on how the engine performances?

If I were your mechanic I would clog the CSi filter so it also slows down and you quit complaining that one car is slower...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting Philippe yesterday while on a trip to Belgium.

One of the great pleasures of this board is meeting other members far away who share the same passion. And Philippe is a true gentleman. He has found a couple of gorgeous coupes and I think he is the perfect care taker for them.

His lamenting the fact that some parts we not "not perfectly original pieces" made us comment once again on the differing views on coupe ownership in Europe and in the US. Europeans seem to be much more concerned with originality while Americans are more interested in how well they drive. We guessed that it might be due to the fact that they are more plentiful (sort of) in the US while the few remaining salvageable ones in Europe are thought to be more valuable as original as possible.

Hope we can meet again soon Philippe!

Bo

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of the 30,000 or so made arent the majority in Germany/Europe? USA got about 6,000?

Also, aren't the inspection laws in Europe so strict that modifying them much if at all renders them unuseable? Maybe that has something to do with keeping them stock.

I had the pleasure of meeting Philippe yesterday while on a trip to Belgium.

One of the great pleasures of this board is meeting other members far away who share the same passion. And Philippe is a true gentleman. He has found a couple of gorgeous coupes and I think he is the perfect care taker for them.

His lamenting the fact that some parts we not "not perfectly original pieces" made us comment once again on the differing views on coupe ownership in Europe and in the US. Europeans seem to be much more concerned with originality while Americans are more interested in how well they drive. We guessed that it might be due to the fact that they are more plentiful (sort of) in the US while the few remaining salvageable ones in Europe are thought to be more valuable as original as possible.

Hope we can meet again soon Philippe!

Bo

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Bo,

Can't but agree, the internet for sure makes this a small world, I was nice meeting you and seeing what 30 years of living in the US does to a Belgian. I hope next time you'll have some more time to enjoy a beer and look at the restoration pictures.

Belgian is a small country and I don't think many E 9's are left here. the ones in good or restored condition are in secure hands and don't come on to the market. What hits the market are mostly very expensive "project" cars that look nice from the outside.

Steve also has a point, our laws indeed are much more strict when it comes to modifying cars but overall an original (restored) matching numbered car would always be the preferred choice for the collectors I know here in Belgium.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of the 30,000 or so made arent the majority in Germany/Europe? USA got about 6,000?

Also, aren't the inspection laws in Europe so strict that modifying them much if at all renders them unuseable? Maybe that has something to do with keeping them stock.

Good points Steve.

Could it also be that even though Europe got four times more of them, most of them were in western and northern Europe where the weather was pretty harsh on them while in the US many (most?) of them were in the dryer south or south west? Just a guess.

FGS

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow Philippe, those are two serious cars. I think I've stared at the engine bay of both at least for five minutes. Welcome and congratulations!

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thought I share these family album pictures of the Cs and its first owner.

First 2 pictures are taken in 1971 after the baptising ceremony of his Son in 1971. The birth of their first child was the reason why he sold his 911 and invested in family transportation.

Notice the old fashioned Jag MK II in the first picture to the left.

Attachments

• Doop 2.jpg
    Doop 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Doop 3.jpg
    Doop 3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Philippe db

Reaction score
And two more

First one with his Son in front of a snowed under Cs in te Winter of 1972 (real heroes these guys driving these cars in such conditions) and the second one a holiday snapshot in 1973.

Attachments

• Winter 72.jpg
    Winter 72.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Herfst 73.jpg
    Herfst 73.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
(real heroes these guys driving these cars in such conditions) ........great pictures but THAT might be a very debatable statement!

Philippe db

Reaction score
(real heroes these guys driving these cars in such conditions) ........great pictures but THAT might be a very debatable statement!

Hi Strato,

Well based this statement on my own experience with my first BMW an E36 325i. Superior car until you tried driving it I on icy roads or snow. The only way I managed to move it in such condition was side ways even in a straight line.