Philippe from Belgium

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that after careful consideration I decided to part with my Csi.

Taking in to account my limited experience with these cars and the fact that I'm not really able to keep them in top condition myself, taking care of two of these icons was just a little to much for me. Spend more time in the workshop then with my wife and found something to improve almost every day.

I'm happy to announce that the Csi will remain In Belgium and I hope to see it back from time to time. In the meantime I can focus all my attention on the Cs, the car I initialy bought.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, what a surprise Philippe. OK, maybe if you have two very similar cars, it is a little hard to justify.

But I am curious as to why you decided to keep the cs vs the csi. I know you said the cs was a little more "civilized" but, over here at least, a csi would probably be much more desirable.

Bo

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Bo,

Remember the difference between Europe and the US? The Csi had no history and was not a matching number car.

The Cs, is matching number, matching color, has a fully documented history and was just kept that little bit more factory original and that is why I decided to hang on to the Cs.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
But I am curious as to why you decided to keep the cs vs the csi. I know you said the cs was a little more "civilized" but, over here at least, a csi would probably be much more desirable.

Bo

obviously Philippe will have his own opinion for this, but in an ideal situation with two cars at equal level of condition, i absolutely coincide with him in keeping the cs and selling the csi,

Bo, i find your comment very interesting, i guess that the decission cs vs. csi might be continent oriented, it is not the first time that i read in this forum that the csi is more desirable than the cs and i always have wondered why

i understand that the car that you own is not always your dreamed car, (color, sunroof, leather, AC, ...), but the one that you managed to find and buy

philippe will be always the one with "the grandest entry into e9 ownership" :)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Bo,

Remember the difference between Europe and the US? The Csi had no history and was not a matching number car.

The Cs, is matching number, matching color, has a fully documented history and was just kept that little bit more factory original and that is why I decided to hang on to the Cs.

Aha, that's right, I forgot about that. Makes sense now.

Glad to see it is not going too far away. :)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i guess that the decission cs vs. csi might be continent oriented, it is not the first time that i read in this forum that the csi is more desirable than the cs and i always have wondered why

I am sure it is primarily due to the fact the the csi is much more rare over here and therefore more desirable.

In second place is probably the fact that FI is generally a more efficient fuel delivery system. Well, maybe not the D-Jet but at least the later versions...

At the end of the day it is really just a personal preference so it's all good. :razz:

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Bo,

For sure a good point, the Csi without a doubt was the more modern drive, you always could count on the fact that the engine would idle at rpm 850 under all circumstances.

With the Cs it's more of an adventure but than again for me that is part of what driving an oldtimer is all about.:smile: