Pics of CSL FS in SF

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I too had a look at this one. I was there in August after landing at SFO prior to Monterey Car Week. I noted the firewall insulation was worn out and it looked like a lot of work was done without removing the engine from the car and some of the other incorrect details like the wrong grill etc.
my question to the peanut gallery is what is this car worth? not 285. But if someone bought it for 220 and then spent some time correcting the details, would that be so bad? The CSL market is so thin we don’t have a lot of comps. We have the number 3 car that sold on BaT this year for 170 all in. This car is worth a lot more than that one, bit how much more ? What does the brain trust have to say?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We have the number 3 car that sold on BaT this year for 170 all in. This car is worth a lot more than that one, bit how much more?

Are you referring to the bikal blue Csl for 170K$?

2FF44532-8A71-4DB7-817C-DC510C780D22.jpeg

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How about a batmobile with HL wipers? Anyone else spot the Scheel emblems on the front seat?

View attachment 82264

My guess based on the Pepsi van is that the photo is from the mid 70’s.

View attachment 82269

View attachment 82268

View attachment 82270
How about a batmobile with HL wipers? Anyone else spot the Scheel emblems on the front seat?

View attachment 82264

My guess based on the Pepsi van is that the photo is from the mid 70’s.

View attachment 82269

View attachment 82268

View attachment 82270
Those skis are Olin Mark IV and the coolest freestyle ski made from about 1977-79 I think. So. I agree. Coolest skis and coolest car and the ski rack on top makes the owner the coolest too. But in hindsight I guess the snow and salt was a big mistake. Great pic. Thx

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those skis are Olin Mark IV and the coolest freestyle ski made from about 1977-79 I think. So. I agree. Coolest skis and coolest car and the ski rack on top makes the owner the coolest too. But in hindsight I guess the snow and salt was a big mistake. Great pic. Thx
Oh! No! Don't get me started on that topic! Racing skis should be on a CSL!

Attachments

• IMG_2856.JPG
    IMG_2856.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 156

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hope the Baikal Csl owner has joined this group!

My 2 peanuts worth, for a collector or even a avid Csl nut (like me), the Baikal blue Csl is an absolute one off as it’s possibly the only CSL ever produced in that color. That fact alone catapults this car into a very special category and small aspects like wrong rims or the aftermarket chrome wheel arches can’t diminish the intrinsic value of this car.
And it looks very original too, making it way more valuable than the Polaris Csl for 285K which for a citypack Csl is way too much. An absolute top standard Citypack (few and far in between) Csl should not exceed the 200K € mark! Although granted that the prices in the US are higher than elsewhere....
The Baikal Csl sold far too cheap and the Polaris is way overpriced.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope the Baikal Csl owner has joined this group!

My 2 peanuts worth, for a collector or even a avid Csl nut (like me), the Baikal blue Csl is an absolute one off as it’s possibly the only CSL ever produced in that color. That fact alone catapults this car into a very special category and small aspects like wrong rims or the aftermarket chrome wheel arches can’t diminish the intrinsic value of this car.
And it looks very original too, making it way more valuable than the Polaris Csl for 285K which for a citypack Csl is way too much. An absolute top standard Citypack (few and far in between) Csl should not exceed the 200K € mark! Although granted that the prices in the US are higher than elsewhere....
The Baikal Csl sold far too cheap and the Polaris is way overpriced.

Good point on the color Keshav! Having looked at the SF car, I can tell you that the unibody appears tidy and sound and fresh and devoid of rust, and the cost to disassemble the Baikal car, repair the unibody, and then put it all back, would be 50-100k, therefore the Polaris car to me is worth at least that much more. But the Baikal is unique for sure. And it was fairly bought and sold at the time.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No doubt that the Polaris looks good but those pics are far from enough to make a qualified judgement and the few ‘flaws’ visible can be easily fixed/ exchanged. I’m not even sure that the Petri is an authentic one...For that price there should provide very detailed pics of the restoration, what all was exchanged/ replaced and what the body looked like before the paint job. Who restored this car? The same shop that did the Tiaga 4355xxx BAT?
As you pointed out, 285K is way above the value of the car, that price is already within the BAT price range.