Plastic cover for triangular window lever rod; what about to make them for the forum people ?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
My E9 (one user) has had only plastic washers behind manual window lifter levers but I'm sure doors has been dismounted as the protection foil behind door panels was damaged.

It would be strange they all have been lost of both sides for both - triangular window and door opener lever - but who knows.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan for the info. Not sure if was it removed for cheapest versions?
The one under the vent windaw can barely be seen and I believe I read somewhere on the forum that it isn't needed.
However the flat one under the door handle should be used (in my opinion)

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is @eriknetherlands, it is :)

1689228178049.png

1689228241348.png

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
But does it mean - keeping in mind several color of the E9 interior - than in every cast these parts were dark blue as there is only single part number per location?

Typically part's color should have been distinguished by different BMW PN.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can confirm with the parts I have seen. :)

51 21 1 800 789 is available at BMW for less than $0.5 with ~2800 parts available on stock so take your time ;-)

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for @deQuincey it was possible to start process of cover lacks in my car.

Once the specimen was received, 3D model has been created:

1690720553218.png

and first prototypes printed in black using FDM

1690720619964.png

Still some tweaking is needed but probably final version will be printed next week.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Benefit? Do these cover that annoying little hole that you need to find to pop the plastic chrome insert off or do they help you find it by showing you where you cannot go? If the latter, I am in.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Benefit? Do these cover that annoying little hole that you need to find to pop the plastic chrome insert off or do they help you find it by showing you where you cannot go? If the latter, I am in.
Rob, They are hard to see and if you have reveneered your wood there is likely very little gap left to fill. It just fills that gap when new.