Por-15

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have used VHT paint for my exhausts in the past and it holds up nicely..........VHT=very high temp.
Does that product need heat to cure correctly? I mean, must you remove the downpipes, paint them, and reinstall, then start motor to produce heat to complete the process?
Or perhaps you sprayed what you could, while on the car, then ran the engine to heat and cure? CURE-ious;)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes there are curing instructions on the can, a couple of heat cycles.

Does that product need heat to cure correctly? I mean, must you remove the downpipes, paint them, and reinstall, then start motor to produce heat to complete the process?
Or perhaps you sprayed what you could, while on the car, then ran the engine to heat and cure? CURE-ious;)

jmackro

Reaction score
Also famous is how difficult it is to remove the product if it touches your skin.

Oh, it's easy to get POR15 off your skin. Just wait a few weeks and it will wear off. Of course, you'll look like you've got leprosy until then, but ......

[USER=29993 said:
Rex Kapriellian[/USER]]Is this sold in rattle cans?

My guess would be not. The stuff dries to such a rock-hard consistency, that the rattle can nozzle would clog up after the first use.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s also more nuclear when in aerosol form. It can be sprayed from a gun but much precaution needed.

My guess would be not. The stuff dries to such a rock-hard consistency, that the rattle can nozzle would clog up after the first use.

stphers

Reaction score
A few years ago, I sprayed POR 15 with a paint gun outside on a bunch of Alfa suspension parts ( had to use their thinner ) Sprayed out nicely but there was a slight wind and some of the overspray got carried by the wind and got a whole bunch of small spots on a car parked quite a ways away. Did not notice for a couple of days later
Man, was that stuff hard to get off, rubbed for what seemed like days before I got it all off Luckily, it was my car but I will never pull that bone head mistake again So moral of my story, go ahead and spray it but make sure that you are well away from anything else BTW the Alfa parts looked absolutely great and have lasted at least for that way for 9 years

Thanks, Rick

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was happy with the results using POR-15 from a can with a disposable foam applicator.
Low tech, easy to apply. Great results.