Purchasing blue seats velour cloth

Matthieu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for blue cloth in order to restore the seats of my 3.0 CS. (2 rear seats and 2 front seats)
The seats are in blue velour (2 shades of blue).

I am now searching for the same cloth.

Does anyone know where I can buy it in Europe (France, Germany, ...)

I post a picture of the actual state and of the wanted result.

Thanks to all

Matthieu
interieur.jpg
rendu 4.jpg

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Matthew,

I 'think' I have the material from a set of 'early e9' seats from a European delivery car that I bought a few years ago (seats not car). If you want to pursue this further, please send me your direct email address via a 'Conversation', and I'll respond with some pictures of what I have. Shipping may be a bit costly as well.

Gary

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for blue cloth in order to restore the seats of my 3.0 CS. (2 rear seats and 2 front seats)
The seats are in blue velour (2 shades of blue).

I am now searching for the same cloth.

Does anyone know where I can buy it in Europe (France, Germany, ...)]

Hi Matthieu,
I crossed checked with the German forum and came up with this. It seems to be the these guys offer the correct material.
Company called Lebemann24.de
Take a look. Will need some looking into and deciphering. Ask/ call them for a sample.
Search word Polsterstoffe.
https://www.leebmann24.de/polsterstoff-velours-blau-51921817042.html

They have the black velour too.
https://www.leebmann24.de/polsterstoff-schwarz-0033-0038-5er-51921846036.html

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you checked BMW? They just released the corduroy in black after many years so take a look to see if available. I paid around 85 dollars per meter.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for the two types of cloth you would need to restore these seats back to their original look but as far as I'm aware off non of them ar still available.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for the two types of cloth you would need to restore these seats back to their original look but as far as I'm aware off non of them ar still available.

Did you look at my message above, you need to open it to see the links. Leebamann24.de

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Keshav,

Oh now I see just looking at the thread you can't see the link.

Just had a look so if I understand this correctly they have the velours outside but not the cord like inserts?

I'll write them a mail and ask for more info.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Keshav,

Oh now I see just looking at the thread you can't see the link.

Just had a look so if I understand this correctly they have the velours outside but not the cord like inserts?

I'll write them a mail and ask for more info.

Hi Philippe,
Yes, you’ll have to write and or call them and ask for samples. As per the German forum, the blue cord cloth is correct but I haven’t seen the material personally.
Let us all know what you discover.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Keshav, I ordered my black vinyl from them a few weeks back, said in stock and payment went through and then I got a refund from them with the NLA email. Interestingly my refund was 3 Euros less than I paid and I sent an email and got no response. Perhaps a handling fee but nothing was handled. Thus, website not up to date, poor communication. Unless someone else has had a better experience, I would not order from them regardless.

Matthieu

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your answers!
I've checked the Leebmann24.de website and sent them my question.
I'am waiting for the answer....
I'll do the same on the BMW classic parts website

Gary, thanks for the proposition, but the shipping from USA to France has to be very expensive.
I'm looking for a manufacturer/seller in Europe .

I'll keep you informed of my quest!!

best regards!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary, thanks for the proposition, but the shipping from USA to France has to be very expensive

Hi Matthieu,
Might not be too expensive since Gary has the cloth only. The package can’t be big nor heavy......
Please post your results and samples here for the rest of the group. Per German forum, cloth is correct but don’t make any orders until you have samples and prices.
Regards
Keshav

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This info supplied by Axel Coelln.

The corduroy type material used in the middle of the seats is BMW part #
51 92 1 817 333. Only available directly from BMW in Germany.

The velour type material for the sides I matched with a sample I got from Döpper in Germany.
http://www.doepper-oldtimerstoffe-gummiprofile.de
Their part number is Blaue Wollen Stoff P 91 11 322.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Andrew

When googling the above reference number I only land on US sites but nothing here in Europe. Am I doing something wrong?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
World Upholstery lists blue cloth seat kits available for the E9. I had thought of pursuing this option couple of years ago, but went all-in and found a craftsman to hand make new seat covers from genuine German, Marineblau leather. Looks great and nothing, I mean nothing, has that intoxicating fragrance like new leather in an old Coupe. Good luck with your project! Mike

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks great and nothing, I mean nothing, has that intoxicating fragrance like new leather in an old Coupe.
I agree with that. But I also think the velour option as in the OP's first post is really attractive. And you can't beat the cooler feeling in the summer and warmer feeling in the winter.