Purchasing blue seats velour cloth

Philippe db

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Bo. Everybody has leather but who has the original cloth interior in good condition?

I think most of these cloth interiors over the year were replaced by leather because that was the easy option.

Maybe different for the US where leather might have been the standard but here in Europe most cars left the factory with cloth interiors.

Leather wasn't even shown in the early catalogues. There was just a mentioning of the fact that if you were interested in a leather interior you should talk to you local dealer.

That being said so far no reply to my email send to the Leebmann company last week.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Keshav.

Super seats indeed but where do you find a matching set of rear seats when you buy these? Like the guy mentions, original cloth no longer available.

Sadly my original rear seats in perfect condition were also re-upholstered to match the front seats that were in need of restoration.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Keshav in relation to the seats on offer.

Is it just me or do the leatherette inserts look black? I would expect them to be dark blue?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keshav in relation to the seats on offer.

Is it just me or do the leatherette inserts look black? I would expect them to be dark blue?

I too had the same thought and enlarged the pics....came to the conclusion they are dark blue, maybe the poor lighting. If infact the seats are original, the color has to be blue. But..... one never knows. I’m sure he’ll provide better info for a buyer. Seller is only 30 k‘s from me so if needed, I can go take a look.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Just had a look, it's near Worms, still doable.

I'll keep you posted but it will be the M550d. Still faster then the 993.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just had a look, it's near Worms, still doable.

I'll keep you posted but it will be the M550d. Still faster then the 993.

It’s very near Darmstadt where I am, Worms is a good 50 k’s further. Let me know.....