Restore or Scrap

Fritzie

Reaction score
According to the VIN and the internet there were only 6,506 3.0 CSi models produced, How many can possibly be left in the world? Not that long ago you could get Mercedes 300SL Gull Wing for a song, not comparing the E9 to a Gullwing MB but I agree with you that all E9s should be saved, just gotta find my rich uncle.
Keep the car as it is. You cannot drive it, but you can remember the day’s. Memories are not for sale!

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey There Fellow E9 Enthusiast

I think I know the answer to my question already but there is this voice inside my head that is telling me otherwise.

When I was in high school in Canada way back in the 80s I remember my sister's friend getting dropped off at school in this exact car. I always had a fond eye for the CSi way way back when I was little kid in Germany where I grew up until my parents decided to come to Canada. Over the years my parents had many different car including a few BMWs which is like owning a Chevrolet in North America.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago when I messaged my sister's friend to see if her dad still had his beloved BMW CSi 3.0 and if he was willing to sell it.

She replied with, Yes he does and yes he's willing to sell it.

I went to see the car and this is what I found. Spoiler alert, I did buy the car and brought it home.

I wan to tell myself that the car is repairable but I have enough experience with old card that I'm kidding myself. There is rust rust everywhere which is to be expected for an old car after its been sitting outside for 18 years.

He imported the car from Germany in the early 80's so its a true Euro Spec CSi, not that it matters anymore but when he put the car away the engine only had 5K km on it.

I know, it's such a sad story for such a beautiful car.

Option 1, Restore

Option 2, Resto Mod

Option 3, Part out

Option 4, Sell complete AS IS

Option 5, ?????????

View attachment 139694
View attachment 139693
View attachment 139695View attachment 139696View attachment 139697View attachment 139698View attachment 139699View attachment 139700View attachment 139701View attachment 139702
Hello, what is the sale price and where is the car location I will buy if fair market price

Hinemn

Reaction score
Hello, what is the sale price and where is the car location I will buy if fair market price
I'm located near Toronto Canada, I haven't decided whether I'm selling the car or keeping it. I still have the dream of a Resto Rod playing out in my head.