Reunited My E9 with Original Owner After 26 Years!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great story! Looking at my own pictures since I own the car I can say that I am rusting faster than my car.
Give Karmann a break!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know all the owners of my car and have talked to all but one. I know where to find that one, but he's still upset he lost the car to a dealer whom he owed money to.

How did you find the past owners of your car? Were they all in California? I didn't think it was possible to search DMV records.

DaSurfa

Reaction score
Wow, love this!

Wished i knew more on my 71 E9. All I know is it was rebuilt in 90s by someone in S Cali with lots of parts from a 72 3.0csi donor car.

Matt Dusig

Reaction score
How did you find the past owners of your car? Were they all in California? I didn't think it was possible to search DMV records.
So I had records of all the owners except the original. Turns out that the 2nd owner knew the name of the first. So I used online record searches to find them and I called a few numbers I could find. One happen to be their home line. Mystery solved.

Matt Dusig

Reaction score
This is a great story, thanks for posting. I am intrigued in so many ways. First, how old were these guys when they bought your E9? She looks like she could be early twenties, him, maybe thirty? That was a very expensive car for such a young couple. They had great taste in cars, even the color combo. Based on the way they are dressed, you'd think they would be happy with a new Beetle. Look at them now, they look great! She's got to be close to seventy and he's might be 75ish. Plus, they are still together!! Again, just a great story
Sorry for the slow reply on this. I suspect they were in their late 20s/early 30s when they got the car. I dont know how old they are today, but they're in good shape. He was a doctor, so I suspect he was doing well. Here's the video of them reunited with the car

Matt Dusig

Reaction score
Best thread of the month hands down!

Congrats, not only on the detective work, but also the commitment to drive it a thousand miles to reunite it with them! Simply awesome.

[Edit] Not only that, but remarkable photography to go along with it. This is clearly not your first imaging rodeo!
Ha, thanks. I like to think I'm a good photographer :) here's my site: www.dusig.com