Rusty 1974 BMW 3.0CS Project on BaT, NMNA

m5toureg

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I am lost. I fail to understand this. Unless of course, the buyer is
VERY naiv AND entirely uninformed. There are of course other alternatives,
but then again, there are also other E9 project cars out there and probably available
for less $$$...?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I haven't been following the low end market that closely. But I was under the impression that getting into a coupe - even a rusty one - was at least in this neighborhood. Are there other examples of project cars that have gone for much less (RECENTLY)? Many of the ones that "appear" to have less rust are no better, I don't think.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I haven't been following the low end market that closely. But I was under the impression that getting into a coupe - even a rusty one - was at least in this neighborhood. Are there other examples of project cars that have gone for much less (RECENTLY)? Many of the ones that "appear" to have less rust are no better, I don't think.
There was this one in December...

It sold for $15k and went to Germany.

See my post #17

I was tempted at $15k but I didn't (and still don't) know E9s well enough to make the commitment. It had some rust, but very localized. If the BaT car did $20k, this one would do at least $30k today (IMO)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm not so sure this one at BHCC is any better. The BAT rusty one at least had a nice dash and seats:

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm not so sure this one at BHCC is any better. The BAT rusty one at least had a nice dash and seats:

BHCC had a few that sold, I think they were more than $20,000.