Rusty 1974 BMW 3.0CS Project on BaT, NMNA

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the final price will reflect a "parts car" price. I'm SHOCKED they didn't make them go "NO RESERVE" that's NUTS.....
Agree completely, a parts car for sure. I would have thought that BaT would insist on no reserve.

@CSteve is right, while most anything can be re-made, there has to be a point where common sense says it would make a good donor for something in better shape.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ah, Boonies, Common Sense. For some people that point is way over their horizon. Not anywhere in their clouded field of vision. Sigh.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought this pic was the most telling...

View attachment 121275

I'm still trying to figure out...."This E9 is a running and driving project" AND "an issue with the master cylinder has rendered the brakes inoperative."

Maybe short drives only?

Check Teahead's post #6. Even if twice that was spent, the buyer could still probably break even and probably make money if they kept it a couple of years.
Short drives only….. lol

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ah, Boonies, Common Sense. For some people that point is way over their horizon. Not anywhere in their clouded field of vision. Sigh.
Yes, we have to remember that just four short (well, not last year..) years ago, some sucker bought that car with sugarplums dancing in his head...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am not saying it is worth $10-13,000. I am saying that is what it might be worth to the running fools full in. Sticking with $3,000 ACV.

This is fun!

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
As I’m sure many on here do, I utilize BAT’s “star” button to receive updates and notifications about auctions I’m interested in. This one has been unique. Usually there’s a flurry of posted photos as the auction end nears and questions get answered by the seller. This one….crickets. If the seller had a sense of humor, they’d post a series of documentary shots today - an oil change from 1988, the email from BMW archives, the engine VIN, etc.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is always interesting to watch the bidding on e9's on BaT. I was a bidder on an BaT auction a little over a year ago and admit I got caught up in the auction end flurry. In the end I was pleased that I didn't get the car I was bidding on. The price kept going quite a bit after I dropped out, and It went for more than I thought it was worth given the problems that it had (I was able to see it in person). Those problems were minuscule compared to this one, of course the price was a 10x multiple of this one too.

Looking forward to seeing where this one closes. Hopefully a member here is buying it for a project they have in flight...