Scheel Seats

reedreed

Reaction score
Not only are they rarely for sale, when you finally find a pair they are often not matching (small differences between them) I've seen several "pairs" like this for sale, but I don't know why this is so common for scheel seats.

Sometimes they pop up on ebay.de, but I've never seen any of the more desired early 70's 400 series seats (sidebolsters thinner at the top, see pictures below) for sale in recent years, Gerrit helped me find a pair and I'm very thankful for that.

(These are not my seats, but same model)

View attachment 31748

View attachment 31749
If anybody has or knows someone, who knows someone, who knows... please let me know. Absolutely love them!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would love to buy a pair of these seats !!

295BE17F-F1A8-4B9D-BACC-D26948E39F39.jpeg

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have always loved those, but I'm not 29 anymore (or 39, or 49...) My only thoughts are ingress/egress..If you are older, like me, you might also look at the Scheel 400. More of an aggressive Recaro look...a little more pedestrian, less track car. They will also fold forward to access the back seat, and recline to your preference. But that's what makes horse races...
I thought corticosteroid shots made horse races. They'd also make you feel like a 29 year old again and have you spryly springing out of those Scheels. Of course you'd run the risk of them wearing off while out driving. Then you'd have to live with the ignomy of being removed from your bucket seats by the local fire department. Tough call though as they are really cool seats.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
If anybody has or knows someone, who knows someone, who knows... please let me know. Absolutely love them!

If you haven't already, you could always send Gerrit an email, his email is on the first page of this thread.
If he can't help, you'll have to keep your eyes open on various for-sale sites around the world.

Here are a couple of pics of them installed in my coupe:
I love them, comfy and sporty.

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah the scheel,

it was a lot of work, and many details

i will probably not use them in my car anymore, so if the time and light is good they might leave the premises some day

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are the Scheel 400 or 500 I had custom-made for my 2002 with the 1974 BMW OEM vinyl. What would I have to get for them to be used in my Coupe?

Attachments

• IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 131