Seattle: 1973 3.0 CSI -$89K

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t think that it is worth $89K.
OMG - that is a ridiculous number for this car. So too was the $65k number. Kudos to the seller for posting the top of fender rust, but that evidence is enough to reduce this car to a $10k - $20k car tops, assuming a wealth of parts I am less familiar with, imho.
The coffee with friends was far more valuable than the travel to see this car, unfortunately.

m73

Reaction score
Guys, this is actually my coupe.....my dad want's to sell it as I need to make some life changes and this will pave the way for that.

Needless to say I am open to offers :) and anyone serious in discussing my coupe or taking a closer look is more than welcome. I know I will have to eventually sell it to get married, go to school, etc...

The pricing was not my decision, but I will seriously begin taking offers on the car for interested parties.

Thanks again,

Mo

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oooops, glad i didn't say anything about your car Mo. you other guys got some 'splaining to do ...
just kidding, in order to be in a forum, you have to have thick skin.

m73

Reaction score
I totally understand. That was not my pricing and I am realistic about the condition of my car. I have owned this coupe for 14 years and hope to find the another loving owner albeit it needs some attention.

I am not sure how it will sell, at this point I am open to having interested parties contact me or may offer it up in a serious ad in the near or distant future.

At least there was a little discussion on the forum....not how I would like to handle it but you have to understand we are dealing with my dad who does not visit forums or check market rates.

I am hoping this transaction will occur smoothly if and when it has to happen.

Thanks to all for your patience, and anyone wanting to learn more or see more pictures can PM me directly on this forum.

Mo

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
one can ask anything they want, but buyers do not take sellers seriously and won't even bother making reasonable offers to avoid any friction or potential bad feelings.

I can ask $75k for my 2800CS, but the internet remembers, and my reputation can be hurt for any future transactions.

Your dad should get an appraisal then if he won't do the research himself or listen to others what he should ask for his car.

Seriously...you'd be lucky to get $25k because one is looking at $50k in body/paint when it looks like that.

http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=CraigslistAdSaver2647

CraigslistAdSaver2647-Images-1.png

CraigslistAdSaver2647-Images-2.png

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The buyer reached out to me to come take a look and give him a detailed assessment of the car. I'm shooting for Friday.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The buyer reached out to me to come take a look and give him a detailed assessment of the car. I'm shooting for Friday.
With the honest seller coming forward and filling in the blanks this is going to be an interesting lesson for us all.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score

This car is the perfect example of how nice a car can look and still "hide" rot while driving around town. My take on this car... it's an "i" so I naturally think that it has more rust than the typical coupe. Doesn't mean it does, but I'm biased when I see an "i" on the trunk. I'm glad Markos is going to check it out and take more photos, it has a lot of nice parts so hopefully the rust isn't horrible like some cars.

m73

Reaction score
Its really not a bad coupe....just needs the right owner to be the new caretaker. I am not the one to price it high, will be glad to finally meet Markos this Friday if he shows up. He might be the new owner ;)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am not the one to price it high, will be glad to finally meet Markos this Friday if he shows up. He might be the new owner ;)

That's how I bought my current coupe. A local guy found me on this forum because I was near him and asked to help him price and sell his '69 2800cs. I went over to check it out and told him what I thought it might sell for, took a bunch of photos and would help him sell it. He called me back two days later and offered the car to me for a price a couldn't refuse. It just happened to be the right timing... he needed money fast and I buy most every old BMW I see. LOL

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the silence from Markos (he must be thinking about it as he hasn't commented) ... can he hold back? time will tell - awaiting the report on friday

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
the silence from Markos (he must be thinking about it as he hasn't commented) ... can he hold back? time will tell - awaiting the report on friday

Silence AFTER Markos checks it out would be more concerning. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Its really not a bad coupe....just needs the right owner to be the new caretaker. I am not the one to price it high, will be glad to finally meet Markos this Friday if he shows up. He might be the new owner ;)

Mo,

Are you implying that this is your coupe? I see now that your avatar matches the car. The owner said that he bought it for his son. If it is your father’s car, do you really believe that it is worth $90k? I mean you frequent the forum, you know what it is worth. Do you really need a third party opinion?

@rsporsche,

I’ve made it clear to the owner that I have no intention of buying it.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I understood it as being Mo's coupe sold to his dad, now his dad is selling it. ??

m73

Reaction score
He technically owns it and set the price. I had no say....I don’t think it’s worth that much but do think it’s time to sell to an interested party with reasonable offer. My dad may not want to sell it at that price which is the real problem.

The coupe is an original baikal csi which is a good combination IMHO.

I may convince him to price it closer to market value or just take the highest reasonable offer.

Time will tell,

Mo

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
If he's like the rest of us, selling a coupe is not an easy thing to come to terms with.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mo, you're one of the good guys here and do a lot for the forum, best of luck with the sale and future!