Set the price for my E9

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Albert - I do not think that suggesting you distinguish yourself from your friend Chris is “creating problems.”

Chris’ cars were poorly done. I pointed out in the thread on his e9 several specific issues that I felt should be resolved prior to selling the car. He pressed ahead with the auction, and the bid price did not meet his reserve. As HBChris pointed out in the thread about your friend Chris’ car, you posted pictures of his cars in your garage which made us think all of those cars were your cars. It is important that you explain this, which is why I asked my question in the first place, and why I again suggested that you tell us whether he is restoring your cars.

I think it helps you a lot, as you have said here, to be able to say that you were responsible for your cars overall and that your friend Chris only did some of the mechanical work.

I have posted several comments in your threads seeking to help you with your projects. When you posted you were having difficulty because our cars are more complex than other cars you have worked on, Don jumped in and offered to visit while I was drafting a post with some suggestions. I stopped and strongly encouraged you to take Don up on his generous offer. I am very happy to learn that you did that.

It would be extremely helpful if you were to disclose the suggestions that Don made, and post pictures of how you have addressed them. This will give potential buyers a lot more confidence.

Also, I agree fully with the suggestions made by Markos, NFK, and Scott (Craterface).

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott was making a suggestion, he is not a buyer I don’t believe.
I'm always looking at coupes. I'm not a buyer for the Malaga car with the engine transplant, but the blue one with the triple webers and AC (at least the console is there) is intriguing, although I might undo some of the bling.

But either way, if Albert wants to sell the cars. revealing the condition of the underside of the fenders and taking the rocker covers off will help a lot. Informed buyers will want to know.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A couple of suggestions.

Can you take pics or video of each car under the fender?

And pics with the rocker cover off? That helps a lot to evaluate for rust.

Second, the seller Wob on BaT is in the LA area could list the car for you for a fee, and I bet it would do well on BaT and you don't have to deal with the banter. Click this link. He has listed 857 cars on BaT.

Hello All, I take the panel off and it is nice and clean look like it has been polished, it is not to long ago that previous owner restore the car, check the picture

Attachments

• 20230325_100206.jpg
    20230325_100206.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230325_100201.jpg
    20230325_100201.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230325_100216 (1).jpg
    20230325_100216 (1).jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230325_100244.jpg
    20230325_100244.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 71

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm always looking at coupes. I'm not a buyer for the Malaga car with the engine transplant, but the blue one with the triple webers and AC (at least the console is there) is intriguing, although I might undo some of the bling.

But either way, if Albert wants to sell the cars. revealing the condition of the underside of the fenders and taking the rocker covers off will help a lot. Informed buyers will want to know.
Hi Chris, I take the Malaga rocker panel off today after I finish the work pout that back in I will move the blue one in and take care of it, I was worry about Malaga since I never look under the rocker panel, but it is look great, blue one I know it is good but I will take the Picture for you.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Albert - I do not think that suggesting you distinguish yourself from your friend Chris is “creating problems.”

Chris’ cars were poorly done. I pointed out in the thread on his e9 several specific issues that I felt should be resolved prior to selling the car. He pressed ahead with the auction, and the bid price did not meet his reserve. As HBChris pointed out in the thread about your friend Chris’ car, you posted pictures of his cars in your garage which made us think all of those cars were your cars. It is important that you explain this, which is why I asked my question in the first place, and why I again suggested that you tell us whether he is restoring your cars.

I think it helps you a lot, as you have said here, to be able to say that you were responsible for your cars overall and that your friend Chris only did some of the mechanical work.

I have posted several comments in your threads seeking to help you with your projects. When you posted you were having difficulty because our cars are more complex than other cars you have worked on, Don jumped in and offered to visit while I was drafting a post with some suggestions. I stopped and strongly encouraged you to take Don up on his generous offer. I am very happy to learn that you did that.

It would be extremely helpful if you were to disclose the suggestions that Don made, and post pictures of how you have addressed them. This will give potential buyers a lot more confidence.

Also, I agree fully with the suggestions made by Markos, NFK, and Scott (Craterface).
Hello, I thank you so much, I am really happy that I know you guys and I thank you every one that I got help from, but sum time instead of friendly advise it look like complain maybe I am wrong or maybe it is my English since I speak 4 language with English 5 sum time it is hard for me to translate or understand exact meaning sum time without my phone I can not spell the simple word, however I believe we all have to help each other since most of us is retired or semi retired, like me, and this hobby is big money involve and with wrong move we can louse our retirement money, I mean we have to help each other not to louse our retirement money, I tell you what I have there is 3 E9 2 of this E9 is 2800cs and only Malaga is 3.0cs I think I will keep Inka Orange for my self since I learn a lot from this two E9 and I can restore the Inka better, and I have Malaga 2002tii one Misubishi Pajero it is on sale now, this is all the toys I have, and this Chris guy he is very good mechanic but that's all, he is retire race car driver and he know engine, but I had my blue E9 engine machine shop that is well known BMW guy, rebuild my engine, and Chris put the engine and gear box on the car and start the car for me all other things I have work on it myself, it would be lots of money involve if I had him or any other guy to do the work I did it my self since I didn't want to spend all that money and try to save $$
however now it is good or bad I can not blame any one or I can not complain I have don it my self, but no need to complain if it is bad restoration we can price the car accordingly I am not expecting top dollar that's why I ask you guys base on how it is completed to pout the price on it, and since I am not paying any labor I replace every single part with new part specially undercarriage every bushing and every joint is new all wheel bearings and all the brake rotor disk and caliber is brand new, if I didn't put it together right but the parts are new and I see many people are trying to rebuilt the old parts but not me, I replace all the important parts for car to drives the way it suppose to be.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Hello again, Don is in northern California he was going to come in LA, and at the time of being in LA he was going to come my home and give me his professional suggestion but I don't think he came down in LA yet.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just for some perspective, the fenders were not removed when I restored the Malaga coupe although the front half of passenger side was replaced years earlier due to an accident. And the Chamonix fenders were never removed as it is extremely original and solid, it was last on the road in 1989. I look at the tightness of the fender seams, condition of the tar pads, condition of A pillar in the wheel well and the forward part of the rockers along with the floor. It all depends on how well the coupe was cared for in a previous life.
Hi Don, I took the picture check it out,

Attachments

• 20230325_113835.jpg
    20230325_113835.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230325_113839.jpg
    20230325_113839.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230325_114136.jpg
    20230325_114136.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230325_113920.jpg
    20230325_113920.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230325_113950.jpg
    20230325_113950.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230325_113959.jpg
    20230325_113959.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Resized_20221208_193443.jpeg
    Resized_20221208_193443.jpeg
    797.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230325_122001.jpg
    20230325_122001.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230325_122005.jpg
    20230325_122005.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230325_122011.jpg
    20230325_122011.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230325_122017.jpg
    20230325_122017.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230325_100201.jpg
    20230325_100201.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230325_100206.jpg
    20230325_100206.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230325_100216 (1).jpg
    20230325_100216 (1).jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230325_100244.jpg
    20230325_100244.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 66

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Man, if that Canadian car with lots of issues can get $70k on BAT, I'm thinking at least $80k for the blue one, $110k for the Malaga.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Man, if that Canadian car with lots of issues can get $70k on BAT, I'm thinking at least $80k for the blue one, $110k for the Malaga.
will you please tell me what kind of issues that Canadian E9 have, to me was ok only thing the seats and roll bar was bad idea. thank you

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my blue one the seats was original the only thing I did I spend $1,200 dye the seats door panels, with professional shop, I was surprise how good was interior dash is original with no crack.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you really encouraging me to list the car with BAT thank you for this

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
very surprised
when someone asks for a price estimation, she is kind and soft
she expects high values, good critics, and positive comments
when those happen all is good, the truth you want to hear
but when comments are different, or questions pop up, she becomes nervous and harsh

We all do this, not strange, not uncommon

it is not a peach, or an apple, It is a matter of taste, and taste is subjective, the things we like could be tasteful only for us, or we can find a twin soul

so when someone sells her baby she needs all the recognition, and critics could not be so easily accepted

the good or the bad thing is that the final deal will be between she and the buyer

i will not dare to say anything about the cars
GLWS

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very surprised
but when comments are different, or questions pop up, she becomes nervous and harsh

it is not a peach, or an apple, It is a matter of taste, and taste is subjective, the things we like could be tasteful only for us, or we can find a twin soul

so when someone sells her baby she needs all the recognition, and critics could not be so easily accepted

the good or the bad thing is that the final deal will be between she and the buyer

GLWS
Thank you so much, the truth is we work so hard to roll this beautiful classic car in a road, put the money aside the time we spend on the car, and sweat in summer, and cold winter in the garage, beside all of that, all day long your old lady nagging about the money you spend and time you spend, after all of that someone comes in and disappoint you with words they use, that's really hurts and upsets you, instead we have to encourage each other, not every one is perfect one is more talented than other, and we all trying to do our best, specially me, I am construction guy and in beginning I knew nothing about the car mechanical, I try and ask questions and learn, but we are not young any more to learn fast it takes time, at this age we all need all the friend we can get, lots of my old friends are not around any more.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Hi Chris O.,
thank you so much that you care to help, I am doing a same if I can, mostly with parts that I am offering for free, the garage that you mentioned it is not mine I am construction guy I have office and warehouse with full of equipment that there is no room for car, just check the picture where I am working on my car at my home, any time I work on the car I park one on driveway, the garage that you saw the picture it is owned by Chris my friend, he is exceptional mechanic but the detail work he is zero, he don't have a patient, but he have a upholstery guy that he works for him, he is the one putting the cars together, but almost a year he left for vacation in Mexico and he had an accident that he steel recovering that's why he put the car together by himself, and now it pass almost two mounts and we steel talking about his car, he sold the car with the price he want it, a happy guy paid him about 80K, you are right his car was poorly don but in another hand he didn't ask for 150K for it, now the buyer can spend another 10K and make it solid car, some people are happy to see a car in that stage they know that they don't have to pay big dollar for it, and now I was grateful that Don offer me to stop by to give me a list of his professional opinion, you know that he lives in northern California and I am in south he said that he have to make a trip to LA and he will come to my home to visit, it was very nice of him that he is willing to spend his time for me, I hope I can make it up to him, and sorry I didn't maybe understood that you offer me a help, I will take any help any one offer me since I know I am not good with cars, but I am doing my best to make it , and more than that I am learning, now you will see my Inca Orange how good will be, since I learn a lot on this two car, my cars for professional guy will take a week to make a great car since all the parts are new and don't have to spend money on the parts, undercarriage is perfect and don't need to touch, every single part is new and you can not install wrong way, all the brakes are perfect and new, the work that is need to be don is exterior if you need to adjust doors or rubbers if it is not installed right, all electrical if it is working then you don't need to touch, but again I am not professional and maybe there is things that I don't see it, Don didn't come to LA yet, but defiantly I will post picture and let every one know what kind of nice person he is, he really make me happy with his offer, I will take picture and log all of his suggestions and do the same to my Inca Orange.
PS. if you take a picture of your car in closely from certain parts that is important I copy same to my car, that will be a big help from you. please do that for me.

Attachments

• 20230323_103442.jpg
    20230323_103442.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230323_103500.jpg
    20230323_103500.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 50

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very surprised

GLWS
Hello, and thank you for your attention, I know that my cars are not perfect, if it was perfect we all know the price, I ask since I want to know what people responds, what they see that I don't see and what they are looking for, since I am new it is almost 3 years that I have E9 and I am not a mechanic, I am a contractor but I love to work on a old car, before this E9 I had a Ford Cobra replica for 17 years, but the little car is very simple car, Mr. Chris O. was talking about my friend car not my car, and I have 3-E9 if it was one I wouldn't sale it, and I decide to keep the Inca Orange one since I learn a lot on this two car and I can make the last one in perfect and drive it for long years, why you wouldn't give us your opinion and pass it over your knowledge I always love to teach what I learn