165.9 KB · Views: 470
  • 1024181406.png
    1024181406.png
    987.9 KB · Views: 486

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
72 bavaria
Gary, now that is a deep, rich, red I love. For me the brassy, fire engine, bright reds hurt my eyes. I can still hear Ricardo Montablan(sp) shilling the "deep, rich Corinthian leather" in one or another Chrysler product. The preceding is not an endorsement of any Chrysler product domestic or foreign.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just took a couple of pics of my interior with the last armrest made by Eric Anton. The steering wheel is stamped Formel. I was told it was made by the same place before the Nardi wheel. Anybody know the rest of the story?

Attachments

• IMG_7946.JPG
    IMG_7946.JPG
    370.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_7948.JPG
    IMG_7948.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_7952.JPG
    IMG_7952.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_7953.JPG
    IMG_7953.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 351

Dohn

Reaction score
I have one of Eric's armrests as well. Seeing yours convinces me to change the top to tan to match my seats, provided I can match the leather. Gorgeous interior, Drew...

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dohn- Thanks for the compliment. Your Coupe deserves the tan leather match to the interior. I cut a piece of leather off of the back of a rear seat and sent it to World Upholstery since they had supplied all of the interior to the previous owner. Perhaps going to a good local interior shop with your Coupe is another way to match leather. I also had a USB outlet installed in the console front for phone charging. My next interior project is replacing the e-brake handle with a block of Hawaiian Koa to match the wood trim. Any suggestions on how to safely remove the plastic handle will be appreciated.---Drew

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To get the handle off take a short thin board with a square edge and put it on the back edge of the handle. Take a heavy hammer or wrench and tap it forward until loose enough to pull off. I believe the metal brake handle is contoured a little so as to provide a tight fit with the plastic handle so getting a wood piece with no inner give to fit without gluing might be challenging.

Dohn

Reaction score
I will definitely check with a local upholstery shop for a leather match. I have a comment and a question on the armrest.
1) I wish it had a support under the drink holder, so a cup or water bottle didn't rest on the handbrake (I put a terrycloth under the drink to absorb condensation). I wonder if you could adapt one of the dash-mounted cupholders from an e90 (not for the swing-out action, just the drop down cup support).
2) Doesn't moisture from a beverage get into your USB outlet? I put a power plug in my glove box, which requires a USB converter and a longer cord, but is out of sight.

Roger S

Reaction score
All I can offer so far is a test fit of a rear window panel and it wasn't even snapped it.

Love the matte finish of your wood. I wanted the same treatment but Madera advised on a gloss finish to better show the grain of the woodwork.

Here are mine. The grey interior was completed in 2005/6 but interior still not installed as car is not finished and still in and out of cabin doing work. The caramel interior shows better in person.
IMG_9803.JPGIMG_9729.JPGIMG_9730.JPGIMG_3205.JPG99a0c2f34f4d843d1b6a0c667b3c4893.jpgIMG_9750.JPGIMG_9857.JPGIMG_9858.JPG
IMG_3582.JPG
IMG_6918.PNG

Last edited:

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will definitely check with a local upholstery shop for a leather match. I have a comment and a question on the armrest.
1) I wish it had a support under the drink holder, so a cup or water bottle didn't rest on the handbrake (I put a terrycloth under the drink to absorb condensation). I wonder if you could adapt one of the dash-mounted cupholders from an e90 (not for the swing-out action, just the drop down cup support).
2) Doesn't moisture from a beverage get into your USB outlet? I put a power plug in my glove box, which requires a USB converter and a longer cord, but is out of sight.
I have only had the car to drive a couple of times. I have not used the cup holder. Your suggestions seem like good ideas. To be continued....

nathanegger

Reaction score
Great! What is the cost of armrest. I have some leather left over from my seats this week. Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dohn

Reaction score
The console was $220, plus $20 for a leather top. I don't imagine there would be the upcharge if you supplied the leather. Assuming he is still making them, you can contact Eric Anton at [email protected].

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The console was $220, plus $20 for a leather top. I don't imagine there would be the upcharge if you supplied the leather. Assuming he is still making them, you can contact Eric Anton at [email protected].

Anton stopped making these. I’m not sure why, but he did confirm. He is still in the BMW game, wrapping up his CS restoration. He’s local and we stay in touch.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful! Given your attention to detail, I am surprised that you did not put the tweeter behind the leather in the ashtray and simply punching some holes in the leather in front of it. Was there a reason for that?

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bmachine,
Well you are correct, if I did it again I would do exactly that and punch holes in the leather for the speakers. However, if I am totally honest the car is so noisey that I can’t hear the tweeters anyway . Also, holes pinched into leather is difficult, the edges of each hole leave a trail of fibres. I had a new Alfa ti and that had punched leather, it was not a perfect finish until it was worn a little.
When I did the interior and carpets people started to ask if I had resprayed the car. So that is my top tip, new interior and slightly dirty exterior to upgrade the overall appearance.