Sheet Metal Floor Plugs & CV Joint Boots for Rebuild

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice of you to do, Don. If you have a couple of these left, I would take two. PM total and preferred method of payment, please...and thanks either way.

frogisland

Reaction score
these are the CV boots that i used. Direct replacement.

1985-87 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.8 (UK/EU) + many more Fords

FEBI BILSTEIN 03312
  • Inner Diameter 2 [mm]: 62
  • Inner Diameter 1 [mm]: 25
  • Length [mm]: 81

Particularly for those in the UK, this site is great for CV joints + any associated parts required (108mm)

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice of you to do, Don. If you have a couple of these left, I would take two. PM total and preferred method of payment, please...and thanks either way.

Im sold out! Will ship to Scott, Jay and Roger tomorrow.
Next month for

Will order more...

2 to Scott
2 to Jay
2 to roger

next shipment-
2 to Buddha
2 to Markos
2 to Dave

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are people using these "correct" plugs in replacement panels that already have the solid stamped plug imprint? If the stamped plug is cut out from, say, a W&N panel, will these plugs fit and look/be correct? Or are they only for use in an original survivor floor?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We have 3 cars in for floors right now- I would accept new floors or new plugs but wouldn’t put new plugs in new floors

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
but wouldn’t put new plugs in new floors
That's kind of what I was thinking.

And I do agree that it is absurd to think a car needed (4) very large holes (future problem spots) to "drain excess paint". Maybe if the car were dipped in something...

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, I think the plugs are soo large because they needs to drain a lot of volume quickly. I'm sure the bodies were dipped in solvent prior to painting. In factory conditions, time is money. So large holes, means quick drain, and quickly onto the next station on the assembly line.

wrt to the covers: I needed to replace my floors, and choose the W&N panels. I did not cut them to accept the original/replacement plugs, I choose durability (no water entry risk) over originality. I would use the plugs only if you have decent floors but rotted plugs. If you purchase W&N floorpanels and want the original style plugs, then you need to purchase the plugs seperatly, and make the opening in the floor yourself.

But anyone can make their own choice. One plug drivers' side, W&N floor passenger side; hey it's your car.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
in the sales brochure with the dipping photo, it say something about corrosion protection

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think E9s get kind of a bad rap, look at an old 914 that is left out in the rain
But yes they do rust