a few spots on the dash had slits in the wood so i took it out and redid it this weekend figuring out the wiring to make sure all the functions are working almost every function had to be checked and repaired since it was taken apart in a hurry to get to paint shop. by the way if some of your dash lights dont work it helps to tighten the female plugs in the white and black connector mine were a bit lose over time since my engine has 11:1 compression the starter would not turn it over!!! so ive pulled all the plugs and have been running it open to loosen it up. well see . the new battery should help i may have to run a couple to break it in. Also i changed all my dash bulbs to 4 watts instead of two. the taillights have already been done brighter from mo briter. .