Show Your... Radio(s)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok it's the official Show your Radio thread. Anything goes! If you love listening to music and have a single DIN - post up? If you have an old post radio, tape deck, etc. Post up. I'd love to see some old Beckers or anything with a fancy backing plate.

I was gifted a Blaupunkt Frankfurt. I wasn't planning on running a radio until I received it. There is no point in me installing it in my project car since it will just come out anyway. So as of now it lives in the cupboard above my work bench. I'd like to swap it out eventually for a euro frequency version.

936d1e3ca9c11038d818fdaf482e8c45.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No radio present upon delivery from the "barn" my car came from. Only the Becker Grand Prix amplifier bracket mounted to the firewall under the dash. :(
20171202-amp bracket.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Keep it going let's see some tape decks! :D @aearch has a tape deck in his to play all of his old dead shows I believe.

I love old Alpina tape decks with the six green buttons. I had one in my Volvo 240 and it sounded awesome.

1984 Alpine 7165 - I think it is significantly easier to find a Blaupunkt Frankfurt...
s-l1600.jpg

2_f.jpg

Last edited:

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Markos, just another Frankfurt.

When I bought the car, the P.O. had installed a large Jenson radio with cassette player. He wanted to keep it and install it in the City Pack CSL he just bought so he gave me his unmolested face plate. At the time I didn’t realize how fortunate I was.

50BFE3E7-CD6C-49BF-BFDD-02828ED2329C.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Markos, just another Frankfurt.

When I bought the car, the P.O. had installed a large Jenson radio with cassette player. He wanted to keep it and install it in the City Pack CSL he just bought so he gave me his unmolested face plate. At the time I didn’t realize how fortunate I was.

Wow that is nice! That is the radio face that I am ultimately after to go with my euro cluster, and German heater controls. When I deigned my aux gauges, I specifically removed the out-of-the-box english text and added VDO style symbols. I didn't want to disrupt the German flow. :D

If your face plate is torn up, you still have some options if you find a radio with a nice front trim plate. I wonder if the radio that @teahead posted is a single DIN. What is frustrating about all the torn up face plates is that the post alignment is adjustable on most of the old radios.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doug,

On your face plate it looks like you have a rubber piece between it and shift platform, is that correct? That would be an e3 piece, I’ve never seen one on an e9.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Doug,

On your face plate it looks like you have a rubber piece between it and shift platform, is that correct? That would be an e3 piece, I’ve never seen one on an e9.

It’s part of the shift platform covered in the same black vinyl. It’s always been there ( maybe a euro thing?)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe unique to automatics as the platform isn’t as high, and on the e3 the platform sits lower and this rubber piece is attached to the faceplate. My e9 does not have this.

4CC0963B-2FEB-445A-ADB9-FB2EFEE0E7F5.jpeg