Side loader LSD

Eulean

Reaction score
Looking for rebuildable side loader LSD for an E12 based coupe, E9, or E3. Preferably the case should be marked with '11 38 S' for a 3.45:1 limited slip. Will consider just LSD spool if not a complete unit.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know someone in oregon with a 3.07 and a 3.64 LSD. I’m not sure about any 3.45’s but hopefully one turns up for you.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know someone in oregon with a 3.07 and a 3.64 LSD. I’m not sure about any 3.45’s but hopefully one turns up for you.

Man, how much does he want for the 3.64? I'll buy it and @Eulean can buy the 3.45 I have! Will have to be the same price though for what I can sell the 3.45 for.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Regarding the 3.64 diff. I have one of these in excellent condition with new output shaft seals that is available if anyone would like to improve their 'on ramp' acceleration capability. Non limited slip.

Gary

Eulean

Reaction score
Man, how much does he want for the 3.64? I'll buy it and @Eulean can buy the 3.45 I have! Will have to be the same price though for what I can sell the 3.45 for.
Rob - I'd be all over the 3.45 but just to clarify, it is a LSD right? Let me hear your price! You can PM me.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry, don't want to cough it up unless I had a 3.64 to replace it with.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Regarding the 3.64 diff ...anyone would like to improve their 'on ramp' acceleration capability. Non limited slip.
Gary

you mean the ability to do burnouts and donuts, and irrationally exhuberant power-oversteer cornering, right?

Eulean

Reaction score
Very good. Let's make this happen. Let's sort out the details after we locate a 3.64 for you.

Markos - please help us with your contact in OR.

Thank you all,
Larry

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very good. Let's make this happen. Let's sort out the details after we locate a 3.64 for you.

Markos - please help us with your contact in OR.

Thank you all,
Larry

I shot him a text. Haven’t heard back yet.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The guy hasn't text me back. Let me give him a ring!

Edit: Left a VM. I'm not trying to be Mr. Middleman on this one but he has zero ads up at the moment, and I'm working off my text message history. I told him that I would be reaching out again in the future so...

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keep in mind that an e9 lsd is not compatible with an e12 lsd

Eulean

Reaction score
Looking for rebuildable side loader LSD for an E12 based coupe, E9, or E3. Preferably the case should be marked with '11 38 S' for a 3.45:1 limited slip. Will consider just LSD spool if not a complete unit.
Still looking for this elusive 3.45 LSD. Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Eulean

Reaction score
The guy hasn't text me back. Let me give him a ring!

Edit: Left a VM. I'm not trying to be Mr. Middleman on this one but he has zero ads up at the moment, and I'm working off my text message history. I told him that I would be reaching out again in the future so...
Thanks Markos for your help. Please let me know if you have any leads. Larry