SOLD - 2nd owner took 45 seconds to agree to repurchase the car.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Late last year I decided to sell my '97 840Ci, planned to advertise in for sale in early April. Well, the Covid-19 invasion rather interrupted that plan! With southeast PA shut down, no way to have someone even look at the car.

Anyway - we are expected to 'open up' at least somewhat in early June, so I'll be putting the car up for sale on BAT or eBay relatively soon. I'ts not an e9, but it is starting to become a 'modern classic'
840Ci May pix 004.JPG
840Ci May pix 009.JPG
Nonamee 001.JPG
at age 23, and of course is a 'no B pillar' design. The car has ~67K miles, First owner was determined by the 2nd owner to be President of Gillette, while he (#2) was an executive with Fox Sports living in Northern NJ, while I'm an octogenarian retired from corporate technical and engineering management jobs. First two owned it 10 years and each put 29K miles on it. I've owned it for ~3 1/2 years. Excellent mechanical and physical condition (in and out).

I'm attaching a couple of pictures taken within the last couple of weeks. I have 50 or so more. Contact me directly via email for more info (kittyandgary at verizon dot net).

Gary Knox
West Chester, PA

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary, 23 years young. Timeless styling. If New Hope happens, and I have my doubts, perhaps, a big perhaps, we can meet. I fear a second wave that will wipe out the rest of the summer. Don't the Beach Boys have a song about that.

Keep safe,

Steve

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gary, 23 years young. Timeless styling. If New Hope happens, and I have my doubts, perhaps, a big perhaps, we can meet. I fear a second wave that will wipe out the rest of the summer. Don't the Beach Boys have a song about that.

Keep safe,

Steve
I think it was Green Day "wake me up when September ends"
Or wake me up when corona virus ends..."?

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score

Keep safe,

Steve
Steve: "See You in September" by the Happenings, 1966 (second version.)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny how I never really liked the design that much until the last few years. Beautiful car.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
ITS SUPER "CLASSIC STYLING"
ONE OF THE BEST EVER DONE
SAVE MY SEEDS AND STEMS AND MAYBE I CAN GIVE IT A GO!.
HOW MANY DONUTS?

BEAUTIFUL SITE. HAVENT WE SEEN THIS PLACE BEFORE WHERE IS IT?
ARCHITECTURAL WONDER IM GOING USE THE RESIDENCE IN MY CURRENT PROJECTS

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I've submitted a request to list this beautiful car with BAT, and they've accepted my proposed reserve price. I only need to download about a hundred pictures, then pay their fee and it will be in the queue. Once it is listed, I can't sell it privately. I'm willing to sell to a fellow e9 fan for a $100 less than my reserve ($100 is my listing fee). The BAT fee is $5% to the buyer, so not having to pay
840Ci May pix 009.JPG
that would cover quite a bit of shipping cost. These cars seem to have hit the bottom part of the value curve about 3-4 years ago. Hagerty now shows a #2 category '97 840Ci at over $30K and an 'average' #3 is at $15,750. I think this car is a 2 minus, and my reserve price would line up with a slightly 3+ vehicle.

Contact me via PM, or preferably email if you want to pursue.

Cheeers,

Gary

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave - Not nearly as much of a steal as it 'might' have been!! But - I think he got a very good car at a good price, and so does he. We are both happy.

By the way, a great big thank you to all of you who liked the 'SOLD' posting.

Gary