Sold: Cloisonné C-Pillar Roundels

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
that wasn't my question. my question is - does the new roundel fit in the old base - like the original does.
i get that they don't have the raised letter ones ... good for me as i like the old ones.

Sorry that was just a timing issue. I was replying to Tony. I edited my post and now it looks like you are rambling. :D

Agreed on your point though. We’ve established that the roger’s roundels look nice but haven’t gotten the measurements.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry that was just a timing issue. I was replying to Tony. I edited my post and now it looks like you are rambling. :D

Agreed on your point though. We’ve established that the roger’s roundels look nice but haven’t gotten the measurements.
that will teach me to use 'reply' from now on ... to lock your message in place.

climbernyc

Reaction score
In my toolbox buried in a pod. Renovation blues. I measured. It's 1 3/4" between the posts at the ends but they have about 1/8" taper from where they connect to the badge to the ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

climbernyc

Reaction score
Unrelated question: do hella bumper mounted license plate lights have any hella markings on them? Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unrelated question: do hella bumper mounted license plate lights have any hella markings on them? Thanks

there are 2 versions of Hella license plate lights. as i remember, there is no markings on the top of the chrome. the difference between the original and the new ones is the glass and the light opening. i have a pair of new ones lying around ... in fact i have 2 pair (i bought a pair by mistake when i already had a set)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMG_2248.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Roger buys from BMW and W&N, is anyone surprised?

I guess I had my hopes up based on the corrected color of the roundels mentioned in this thread. I've never actually purchased anything from Roger's due to the prices.

As someone who has tinkered around with "manufacturing" and the painful QA process that has come with good 3D printing - I can't believe how bad those BMW parts are. I mean - it's not even close! They really need to pull those from the inventory.

Food for thought - cut the posts off and use 3M tape to hold the roundels in place. You can hog out the holes on the base, but the holes on the base line up to the wholes on the body.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...ngth-Molding-Tape?N=5002385+3293241071&rt=rud